CRNA Barry University c/o 2015, to start in January 2013. I am in your COHORT!!! - Page 2Register Today!
- May 14, '12 by justwannagradQuote from ufblondimy stats BSN, gpa 3.6, 7 months med/surg, 1.5 years ER, 1 year CCU, CCRN... I am still on the fence whether or not I should do the headstart b/c the first semester is only 14 units...what were your stats? I sent in my completed app about 2-3 weeks ago and still waiting to hear on if I get an interview. Definitely want to do the head start program if I get in!
- May 16, '12 by sbnurse97yes, your stats look good. I think you have a very good chance
- May 16, '12 by sbnurse97my email is firstname.lastname@example.org for anyone wanting to communicate. I am excited to get to know everyone as we will be class mate this upcoming spring. feel free to email me and we can also communicate by phone if anyone's interested.
Also, I chose Orlando for a clinical site, Did anyone else chose Orlando?
- May 16, '12 by EveSRNAHi future classmates!!!! I am also starting Jan 2013 and I plan on taking the Head Start Chem in the fall. Does anyone else have to take the CCRN, or is it just me?
- May 16, '12 by EveSRNAOh yea, and my first choice is Orlando
- May 17, '12 by hokieicurnHi everyone! I am interviewing in a few weeks for spring '13. I am so excited!!! What did you all do for your chem requirement? I have a BS biology and minor in chem but its over 5 yrs old. I really want to do chem this summer so I can be eligble for head start.
- May 18, '12 by sbnurse97neither can I. I was gonna take the research class but changed my mind because my plate will be full retaking the quantitative portion of the GRE n a chem class.
What about you?
- May 18, '12 by sbnurse97I did not have to take CCRN because I already am CCRN. But I've heard that if someone applied in a previous year and did not get accepted for some reason, the second time around Barry requires CCRN. That's probably not the case with you, but that's the only reason I can think of.
Let me know if I can help in anyway. In fact, if you shoot me your email, I can forward you the material I used to study for the CCRN. Dont feel badly, your'e not alone.
I've gotta retake the quantitative portion of the GRE because I was 3 points shy of the score they were looking for. Because of that I could not take the research class this summer because I decided it was astute for me to focus on securing my spot before I start taking courses. I also need a chemistry class, so i need to get those two things out of the way this summer, then I'll take the chemistry and prof. aspects in the fall.