Priceless FNP clinical resourcesRegister Today!
- by natyloo Jun 10, '12Hi there! I'm in my next to last clinical rotation & am looking for some online/e-book/pocket book/or textbook references to help me master the following: interpreting labs/UA, and pharmacology. I felt like I had a really good handle of drug classes, etc in undergrad, but worked in the NICU for so ling with a limited scope of meds that I've forgotten so much & had a terrible advanced pharm professor who didn't even show up for lectures!! Thanks!
(I have Barkley & Fitz books/cds, but I want more of a backbone/foundational resource for the topics I mentioned, rather than just mastering the study books with limited info to pass a cert exam, if you know what I mean)
- Jun 10, '12 by reeyaFor Lab interpretation/physiology:
1. Lange Pocket Diagnostics
2. Ferri's Best Test
1. Sanford Antibiotic guide
2. Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopeia
Amazon.com: Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2012 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition (9781449624248): MD, FAAEM, FACMT, Editor in Chief, Richard J. Hamilton: Books
- Jun 19, '12 by mrmedical^^^ Those are good, especially tarascon and the sanford guide is practically the bible for abx as far as i know.
Here are some others:
Tarascon Primary Care Pocketbook, Third Edition
Maxwell Quick Medical Reference
Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine (Pocket Notebook Series)
Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Aug 16, '12 by TinabeanrnI agree with Tarascon's Primary Care pocketbook. Very comprehensive and easy to read. Its about 200 pages, but somehow it touches on every subject I learned in school. Must have : )