Iím looking into online ANP & ACNP programs. If you a current student or recent graduate and are interested in telling me how great/not so great your school is, please answer the following questions:
- Which school/program are you attending/graduated from? Do you recommend this program?
- Do/did you attend full time or part time? Do you recommend taking the program part time or full time? Why?
- How long does it take to complete the program (how many semesters part/full time)?
- Do/did you work as an RN while in school? If so, how many hours/shifts per week? Was it manageable?
- Do you highly recommend working as an RN before school? In your opinion, How many years of RN experience at a minimum is important to have before becoming an NP?
- Which unit would you recommend working on before ANP/ACNP school?
- How intense is the program (scale of 1-10)?
- Graduate: do you feel like the program prepared you for the boards/practice as an ANP/ACNP?
- Were there any on campus requirements (testing, orientation)?
- How did testing work? Were they open notes? Time limit?
- Were there online lectures and notes posted? Were there virtual classrooms? OR Did you have to teach yourself everything out of the book?
- How much did the program cost?
- Was there good communication between faculty/teachers and students?
- Do you feel like the instructors were knowledgeable? Did the teachers actually teach (through online lectures/virtual classrooms) or were they mostly there for grading/questions?
- Is the school fully accredited? Did you have a hard time finding a job because of the school you went to?
- Was it hard to find preceptors? Did the school help you find preceptors or placed you?
Thanks for your help!