Graceland University FNP Summer 2013Register Today!
- by dottimur Mar 15I would like to meet other students who are starting the Graceland University FNP program May 6, 2013. I am starting in advanced pathophysiology as I have a masters and am in the post masters certificate program.
Also I would love to hear from others in the program on their experience.
- Jul 3 by Luvarn7009What do you guys think of the program so far?
- Jul 6 by dottimurI think it is a good program. I am learning a lot. Are you applying?
- Jul 7 by EDRN2010I agree with dottimur, I think it is a good program. However don't expect it to be easy, it is challenging yet doable.
- Jul 14 by Luvarn7009I was accepted for Fall 2013. Nervous and excited! Any advice?
- Jul 18 by dottimurQuote from Luvarn7009Expect it to be hard. I started with advanced pathophysiology as I have a masters in nursing already. I don't know what the classes before that are like but this pathophysiology class is very hard. Depending on your learning style expect to consult with many other resources to help things click. I believe this would be an issue regardless of what college you are at. The material is just very hard. I thought microbiology was hard in nursing school but this is much harder. You have to focus on a DEEP understanding as this class is foundational to the rest of the program.I was accepted for Fall 2013. Nervous and excited! Any advice?
I think graceland is going to be good. I go to campus in October and look forward to it.
- Nov 13 by jmecclrnI was accepted to begin Jan. 2014 into the Post-Master FNP program. How does everyone like the program so far? I've heard they have a great reputation.
- Nov 14 by dottimurGraceland is very selective and they can afford to be. They have over 150 applicants each semester. So, congratulations! I spent a week on campus for the Advanced Health Assessment course and I was very impressed with the professors. I was also incredibly impressed with the quality of the students and their willingness to help one another during this stressful time. I kept thinking that I was glad I had been accepted to this program because it was the best one for me. You may go on youtube and search for the self made videos of students from other schools and their assessment exams are tiny compared to what we were afforded the opportunity to learn. To give you a taste the exam covered all body systems including a thorough well-child check. It took us 2 full days non-stop to get all 25 students through all of them and they provided us with two live patients to perform male genitalia and a pap smear on a real woman (we didn't collect the smear but we did the exam otherwise). We had to learn over 150 tasks for this exam. It was very hard but it was very good to learn.
Graceland is a great place and it confuses me that it isn't discussed more on allnurses but then I think they don't put a huge number of students through the program... just a select few... congrats again.
- Nov 14 by jmecclrnThanks for the information. I am excited yet nervous as I begin this journey. Good luck to you...
- Nov 15 by ccbryantI graduated from Graceland 8/2013 - FNP and it was a great program. I felt prepared for certification and passed the first time. It was difficult but manageable and I worked FT.