Graceland FNP fall 2012Register Today!
- by mlward3 Jul 5, '12Anyone out there starting in the fall 2012 at Graceland fnp program?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=753569©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,797 Views
- Jul 9, '12 by EDRN2010I started courses this Spring for the RN-MSN portion.
- Jul 11, '12 by mlward3Quote from mlward3That's great how are you liking it so far?? What are you taking this fall?Anyone out there starting in the fall 2012 at Graceland fnp program?
- Jul 11, '12 by EDRN2010I like it so far. The faculty and peers that I met during the focus session are really nice. It has been a lot of work but very doable. I will take Pathophysiology in August and then Pharmacology and Leadership roles in October. What classes will you be taking this fall?
- Jul 12, '12 by mlward3Im taking just research methods evidence based......apparently that all you can take first semeste! Them at the focus session they talk to you about different options part time and full time
- Jul 12, '12 by EDRN2010Do you think you will plan on being full time or part time? I am trying to make my mind up about this now, for right now I think full time. Did you find out your expected graduation semester year?
- Aug 7, '12 by KersplattHow is the Program? I am extremely interested in this program: just would like current or past student perspectives.
- Aug 9, '12 by pattywebQuote from mlward3Just finished the FNP program. Did the full time track, which is very doable. I worked full time throughout the program, and did have to change my work schedule around to do so. I don't have any kids, but have lots of family around, so had moderate family obligations. It is so important to have a good support system! Make sure you arrange practicum hours early, you don't want to not have a preceptor and have to push back your completion date.Anyone out there starting in the fall 2012 at Graceland fnp program?
- Aug 13, '12 by mlward3I am planning of doing full time! I am so nervous about it! Aug 27th is very close! I think the writting is what I am so worried about! I can test and do disscusion boards ect... but man do I hate papers! Ehhh will see how it goes, hopefully they will help guide me! I am worried about the practicum hours. I live close to a big teaching hospital that is saturated with PA students so they are not taking FNP stuents.
- Aug 17, '12 by pattywebMlward-- all the more reason to start searching for preceptors now, they can be docs, nps, or if in a pinch a PA for some of the hrs, but that was my biggest struggle. As far as the writing, there was a lot of it for our cohort. The first focus session they worked with us on using the databases, and discussed APA. Buddy up with a group of people during focus, it was always nice to be able to call someone to bounce ideas off of.