MUSC ABSN Spring 2014Register Today!
- by ml52789 Jul 8I wanted to start a fresh thread for all of us who are applying to MUSC ABSN program in the spring. Applications just became available, I am planning to apply for the priority admission.
Welcome, Spring 2014 hopefuls!
- Jul 29 by browndog311I just applied for spring 2014 ! non priority. Do you have any clue as to when we should expect a response from MUSC?
- Jul 29 by ml52789Yay! So far three of us who have applied are on this forum When I applied this past spring, I heard approximately 9 1/2 weeks after the deadline. They had over 400 applicants to sort through, so that may be why it took a while.
If I were to guess, I'd say late October or early November for decisions to go out-- but that's just a guess
- Jul 30 by tladd_09I applied July 1st as soon as the deadline opened for non-priority admission.
- Aug 15 by ml52789Good luck to all who are applying! The priority deadline is today.
- Aug 21 by APriestI wish it was rolling admission….I am anxious to find out! Good luck to everyone! ml52789 if you don't mind me asking-do you know why you were denied last cycle? If you are applying priority it seems like you wouldn't have a problem! (which makes me nervous cause I do not have a 4.0)...
- Aug 22 by ml52789I sent you a PM
Don't overly stress about grades- MUSC wants well-rounded applicants. While grades are important, they want to see volunteer and/or work related experience, good recs, and a good essay also. Good luck to you, hopefully we both get in!
- Aug 29 by APriestI tried to PM you but I guess I haven't been on the forum long enough. I had no idea there were only 10 spots for out of state. I feel like my hopes have just been dashed down the drain! Do you have any idea how many out of state applicantions they receive?
- Sep 1 by ml52789Apriest- what did the admissions specialist say about your application last admissions cycle?
- Sep 9 by polly313Seeing all these people on the threads get no letters is making me less confident in my chances. I haven't applied anywhere else so I'm hoping for the best! I've read elsewhere that they rate the applications on a points system: 10 for the essay, 10 for recs, 20-30ish for grades, 10 for volunteer/work experience. I think that the grade portion is split into prereqs/overall/science so it's rated three different times. No idea what an acceptable score might be..obviously 50 is the highest but does anyone have info from previous applicants on their scores and admittance??