Midlands Technical College Nursing Student - page 12
56,772 Unique Views | 139 Comments
hello, any other mtc students here? always could use some advice from a fellow student!:lol2:... Read More
- 0Mar 17, '12 by Stargirl2011Hi everyone I start my clinical's Jan 2013..and I still have three more classes(nur 163, pharmacology 131 and 105). Has anyone taking pharmacology and passed it willing to tutor me. Do you think I can finish these classes before January... Willing to meet in the library for some tutoring...
- 0Apr 28, '12 by studentofmtcSo I find myself at the end of 265/263 semester. I did not do well on the last exam--I have no excuse. I studied as I did for the other three exams, but did not do well. I believe that I let my nerves get to me, because I KNEW that material. I need close to a 90 on the final to pass and honestly it is unlikely to happen. I am beyond upset, but I am studying like crazy anyway. There is still a chance (although it is slim). I feel like I have been through a war. I made it through all of the clinicals without a single ED and to have a single test (I did ok on the other tests) bring me down is difficult to deal with. ARGH. Well, until the final I am trying to not make any decisions about what to do afterward......I will know by April 9th when the grades are posted. My children and husband are at the end of their ropes. They would like the old me back--and so would I. Good luck to all of you MTC students out there. I will be praying for you.
- 0Apr 30, '12 by pugfanstudentofmtc -- I hope it works out that you pass! I take 265/263 in the fall and am petrified. We all started hearing the horror stories of third semester while taking prerequisite classes. They really need to get 265 straightened out. There are too many people that fail and it just should not be that the majority fails a certain class over and over. I will be praying for you too! Hope to see a post from you after May 9th with good news. Hang in there!!
- 0Apr 30, '12 by klj0315@studentofmtc, breathe and try to focus. At the end of the day, none of the stress is worth your health. At this time all you can do is study. Do not think about the what ifs? or whys? or I can't believe I got to this point and had this issue. I have been there!! I hope you do well! But do not question your abilities and purpose no matter what happens. I remember my obstacle(s), and I laid around for a couple of weeks numb and emotional. At the end of the day, you have to brush yourself off and keep moving.
- 0May 1, '12 by studentofmtcThank you everyone. And believe me when I say I am doing all I can to pull through. It is difficult, as I have never been in this position before. I take full responsibility because I failed test 4 and when you have so few grades that make up your final grade in the class, that is all it takes. I let my nerves get to me!!! I will let you all know how it goes. I am trying to just get through these next few days and to get 263 done. I can not wait until Monday to take 265 and be done with it. I am praying for all of the students and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for your responses----feeling like I am not so alone out here (although most of my class is in the same boat I am).
- 0May 5, '12 by baileyraHey everyone! I found this site after searching for other mtc nursing students. I just got accepted into the evening/weekend program and start this fall! I can't believe I'm finally at this point but I'm also very nervous. Is anyone else starting in the fall this year? Anyone have any advice for the evening/weekend? I have no idea what to expect but I am very excited! Best of luck to everyone!
- 3May 7, '12 by studentofmtcUPDATE!!! I PASSED 265 and 263!! Absolutely the most difficult thing I have ever done!! I studied for the final non-stop and felt great about it. There is hope Thank you all for your words of encouragement and best of luck to everyone.