Quitting after 3 months (not a new grad)?

Nurses Career Support

Published

I never really thought I would be in this position of wanting to quit a job so soon after I started, but I hate where I work and it has only

been 3 months! I guess I was spoiled with my first new grad position because I worked at a hospital that had all the bells and whistles so to speak (Epic charting system, tons of supplies like skin care creams, gels, etc., a transport crew that brought our patients to other units for us, voceras so people could contact us individually, computers in every room, etc). Every little perk they had just made the RN's job easier. Btw, I was on a med/surg floor.

Then I switched to a larger hospital and they had none of that extra stuff AND a paragon charting system. I made the move to the ER and I very much like it, but not having all those extras makes it so much more difficult...on top of all the other unit specific issues. Bottom line, I just don't like it here.

I've tried to force myself to deal with it for another year because the experience of a trauma center is great, but I don't know if I can make it another year. The pay is much better ($8/hr more) and it's closer to home (15 minutes vs 45), but is it worth staying at a place I don't enjoy? Either place I pick, I plan on leaving after a year, but I don't know if sticking out that year here is better than going back to a smaller hospital and smaller ER.

+ Add a Comment