CCBC Fall 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Anyone applying to ccbc for next fall?

That is weird...my initial acceptance email lists orientation on 5/24 at 5pm for CCBC and then SHP has a separate orientation on August 17th at 8 am. Are you in the Essex evening/weekend program? Maybe it's different orientations for different programs?

I think it is different orientation times for each program. My email specifically says "orientation for this program."

Ok, I definitely think that's the case. I hope you have a good orientation! Let us know what happens :)

Thank you, I'll definitely let you guys know what to expect! Good luck everyone.

There is a lot of information sort of thrown at you at orientation. They give you a packet that contains all of the info you need regarding your Nurse Kit and you're able to try on uniforms (and order them if you choose to). We received a TENTATIVE calendar for NURN 153, and were told a decent amount of info about what to expect in 129 and 155 (if you're taking either of those). Within the packet, they outline expected cost and time commitment, and list all of the books you'll need for first semester. I was definitely feeling a little overwhelmed when I left last night but after being able to review everything this morning, I'm grateful they gave us this little "head start" to get ourselves together before the semester gets into full swing.

Well said! My head was spinning last night but I have reviewed it all today and am grateful I have the summer to sort things out. They definitely do not make things easy though!

Thank you for the information! Did they mention anything about when clinicals start? (Will they be in the first semester or not?)

The first 7 weeks are simulated labs to acclimate you with patient care. It's one per week. Evening and weekends it'll be sat or Sunday and day it's either Thursday or Friday. After seven weeks, you will start a long term care clinical for a couple weeks 2days per week. Even/ Weekends they will be held sat/sun and day will be Thu/Fri. After long term care you will have acute care clinical for the remainder of the semester. Hope this helps

How is everyone progressing with the CastleBranch mandatories and such? I've got everything in CB except the Learning Harbor stuff (July 8th, don't forget ;)) and I just ordered my uniforms and stethoscope. It's all starting to feel real and I can't wait to get started!

Hi! Congrats on making it into the program! I just got my acceptance to the Catonsville hybrid program for Spring of 2019. I was wondering if you had some time to tell me a little bit about it? What days are clinicals and do they start right away? Does the program schedule change a lot during the semester? Any tips you might be able to share? Hope your first semester is going well! Thanks!

For those who got into the day program at Essex : do you have clinical on weekend, or just during the week?

also is anyone willing to sell old books?

+ Add a Comment