Interview Tips Needed!

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

I am a second career RN with one year experience in Med/Surg. My first degree was in psychology/neuroscience and I worked in non-profit for almost 10 years working on healthcare navigation and community programs. I have been out for almost year after having my daughter and now I am looking to head back to acute care. I am still not fully certain if I want to settle down in one area of nursing. I am pretty positive it is not med/surg but i saw it as an opportunity to get a rounded first year experience. My first job was in a rural area of the country at a hospital with a large staffing issue and my time there was very very stressful but gave me some really good experience. I am interested in learning a lot of different areas of the hospital,

I now have interviews lined up next week for med/surg, surgical/trauma, cardiac and float pool (which I feel may be the best fit for learning multiple areas). I am looking for any an all tips for interviews. I typically interview well and have prepared for the "basic" questions. I am just very nervous having been out for almost a year and feeling a little rusty. I am especially nervous about any clinical questions. Any and all advice, resources and tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this so I'm not too sure how to start.

I have my nursing school interview next week and I have no idea what to expect. Could you guys/gals help me with examples of what type of questions I might be asked, and what type of questions I can ask them? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

+ Add a Comment