Arizona BON misdemeanor assault 17 years old. Will they pass me?

Nurses Criminal

Published

So I have been thinking about this for the last 17 years, lol. I have always been the person taking care of others, many females do this I know but, I felt it was the one thing I loved doing. My mom had been an alcoholic growing up and I helped her a lot and she eventually became sober. But I had a dispute with her when I was 17; she provoked me by calling me names and charging towards me but, in defense I pushed her away and we pushed eachother called eachother names, and I called the cops. I thought they would help, make us get counseling. I had no idea how the legal system worked at all! My closest understanding was judge judy or talk shows, sad but true, I was 17.

The charges were dismissed and set aside but they charged me as being 18 because it was 2 or three months from my b-day. I went through diversion and they convicted me because i was late two times to counseling and dropped me, but charges were dismissed and set aside. When i I was 20 and 21 I got disorderly conduct language charges for arguing with my mother again. I had called the cops also, these times. I was told by counselors to call the cops or get help and counseling, and I just didn't know what to so. I also went through a few bad experiences at around 20 I was the victim of a rape which my mom said really changed my emotions, I did not like anyone touching me etc....I was also on various medications for depression which had adverse effects, specifically zoloft. i also smoked marijuana when i was a teen. My parents divorced and that is what friends offered me and so I smoked it. I think the combo of stress from my mom, drug use and bad events made me act more emotional at these times in my life. I was also in my eyes very immature and super gullible. I also feel my mom did not act correctly and was very provocative. I understand now as a 34 year old, who has worked in hospital labs for the last 9 years almost, that people can be annoying, mean, rude, pushy, etc...and you get use to it and realize that is just how people are, and not to take it too personally. The other person may be having a bad day etc....and I also do not do drugs, and am very aware of how things effect such as pills, and i realize I am sensitive and cannot take just anything. Anyways, I am wondering in Arizona how does the BON view situations like mine. Would they be likely to pass me and allow me to be a nurse, once I do a good cause exception or would they deny me, since I have an assault and 2 disorderly conduct languages; the charges were dismissed and set aside, the last was dismissed and set aside with prejudice. Thank you if you took the time to read through all this, I know it's a lot. If anyone has AZ experience that would be extra great:).

+ Add a Comment