3rd year nursing student already anxious about graduation

Nurses Career Support

Published

I'm currently a third year nursing student at a 4 year BSN program in Hawaii. I entered the program straight out of high school and so I have no medical work history. I am currently a state certified CNA, worked home health for about half a year, quit because the company was not a good fit for me... I do have other miscellaneous work experience and I regularly volunteer at church as a youth group leader. My current GPA is about 3.6 with no grades lower than a B. I'm undecided about the kind of nurse I want to be.

Do I have an okay GPA? Exactly how important is GPA anyway? And with the lack of experience I have, what are the chances of me getting an RN job as a new grad? Any tips to better my chances of being hired? Was starting nursing school straight out of high school a bad idea?

I guess I just have a lot of anxiety and fear about what happens after graduation, but I know all nurses come from different backgrounds. If you could share your story or any tips or suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

+ Add a Comment