CNA Course at CCRIRegister Today!
- by Pamela C Aug 15, '09Hello,
I am scheduled to take the CNA test (CCRI) in a few weeks, has anyone out there taken it lately?
What is on it? Anything in particular I should be studying?
Once I get into the course, do you have any suggestion on the best way to study for the state exam?
Or other material I should study, beside the book and workbook they give to you?
I've been out of school for quite a number of years.
Any suggestions are most welcome.
And I thank you in advance for your insight.
- Aug 15, '09 by MrsPeepHey there!
I'm currently in the CCRI CNA course...
The pretest was very easy! It's just a reading comprehension test. I think there were 50 questions, and they'll correct it right there. I believe you need to get 45 out of 50 to be accepted? I forget, but they'll let you know. If you google CNA reading comprehension tests, I'm sure you can find some good practice tests, just to get you familiar with the format, but I found it to be pretty easy.
Once you pass the reading test, they will give you a form you need to have filled out by your doctor. You'll also need to get a BCI (background check) from the Attorney General's office. Once you get all of that and send it back in, you'll get a letter in the mail telling you when the next sign up for class will be. Get there EARLY! They fill up so quickly, and you'll need to be there very early to make sure you get your spot!
The class is pretty intense, you'll really just have to study what the instructor tells you to focus on, and practice the skills you learn in lab, that's the key. Good luck!
- Aug 15, '09 by MrsPeepYou really do have to study and focus on what the instructor tells you! There's a ton of info in the books, so they'll help you narrow it down to what you should concentrate on. There are a lot of medical abbreviations on the tests as well, so learning those is also essential. The lab is also very intense, but you just need to keep practicing the skills. It's pretty easy to get the BCI check. I know you can go down to get one, but it's just as easy to do it through the mail! That's how I did mine http://www.riag.ri.gov/civilcriminal/criminalid.php just send them a notarized letter saying you want a copy of your BCI, a copy of your driver's license, a check for 5$ and a self-addressed stamped envelope, and you should have it back within a week! It only lasts four months, so I had to do one when I submitted my original application, and I just did another so I can start clinicals in a few weeks. The sooner you get the BCI and the form (that you'll get the day of the test) filled out by your doctor, the quicker you'll get a letter for sign up.
- Aug 24, '09 by ILoveMyBirdsMrsPeep how early do you suggest we should arrive to sign up?? I just mailed my physical form and bci.. waiting now for them to mail me the next sign up date. I really want to get into the next class!!
- Aug 24, '09 by MrsPeepI'd get there pretty early. If the signup starts at 9, people started showing up at 7:30 when I signed up! Good luck ladies!
- Sep 6, '09 by Pamela CUpdate on CCRI CNA Pre test;
I believe the test description says 10 AM to 12 N
But the test is only 50 or 55 mins.
A lot of people did not finish-
50 questions and you can only get 11 wrong
After passing the pre test, BCI check (got that done)
2 TB test 2 weeks apart (need to get the 2nd one) and also see if it is in my MR on my MMR injection, if not will have to go and get another type of test and then the application will be complete and then I can submit it.
So if you want to be ahead of the game if planning on the CNA program, check to see what you need to have (MMR, TB) info sheet on CCRI website,
- Sep 6, '09 by crazensweetCongrats Pamela that's really good news!!!
- Nov 5, '09 by bluesnifflesPamela that is GREAT !!! Are you in the CNA class now at Knight campus ? I just signed up yesterday to take the pre-test at CCRI Dec 5. I am soo nervous Do u remember what type of questions the test asked ? I already don't understand what is going to be required in this test Any help would be great ! Thank u so much