CCRI Application question... - page 3
Hi everyone! I have a question about the application process at CCRI. I've tried asking a few advisors, but I get different answers. Hoping maybe someone here can help? Right now, I'm finishing up all of my pre-reqs. The... Read More
- 0Nov 18, '10 by frogs4131mgalano- That should be more than enough time. The first 3 weeks of school are spent in the lab and not the nursing home. Also, like you I got in with a 3.3 gpa, B's in my sciences and an A in dosage and got in on my first try so congrats! I know since they changed the requirements to get in that they have been having trouble FILLING all the seats. So perhaps people who didn't get in are being less than honest about their grades and gpa's. I personally do not think it's a conspiracy and that people are buying their seats, how ridiculous and insulting.
Hope you enjoy it, you earned it!!!!
- 0Aug 16, '11 by spankybax320Has anyone out there put a application in August 2011 for Jan 2012. If so did you take teas 4 or 5 ? I saw that CCRI will let Us know in November. The new point system goes into affect Fall 2012 . Not Jan 2012.. The new point system is straight forwards 50 points for your GPA . 30 pts for Anatomy,30 pts for physiology, 30 pts for Dosage Calculations , 5 pt for the Accuplacer reading (this makes no sense) -- 5 pts each for the TEAS Math, Reading, English. total of 15 pts for TEAS.This appears to bring Transparency to the selection process. After completing the pre-reqs It does feel like there should be more information for Us students about the Nursing program. The advisers are only 16 in numbers to take care of 19,000.00 students. They are doing the best they can do.It also seems like the Nursing program attempts to make the program easy to understand but really needs to make cross-bridges with the students.
- 0Aug 17, '11 by mgalanoI hadn't heard that they were switching to a new point system, it seems like they just switched to their current system. It will be more clear cut as to who should get in first and such. I don't think I like that micro isn't counted anymore, do you know if it still needs to be completed before you graduate? thats what is used to be, then they switched it to a pre req.
- 0Aug 18, '11 by spankybax320Good luck, you should be fine I have a friend who finished up and she said its kinda like Anatomy a lot of information to get to know and Nursing II and IV are the hardest. I thank you for sharing your experience. I am taking Chem at U R I and two other classes while I wait to hear if I get accepted in Jan 2012 days. I figure work on the BSN classes now instead of do nothing. Thanks again, Good luck.. Lata Sean
- 1Apr 8, '12 by MarissaCQuote from elzbieta23hello! i am waiting aswell i applied for warwick day and i do know that when they send out emails they send all the campuses out at once and a friend who works in admissions at the college said they told her we should be getting our emails friday april 13th if we were accepted!..hope that helps! and good luck!Anyone who applied for lincoln fall 2012 program get their acceptance email yet. This is so frustrating how late they are on giving it out