Would you recommend ARNA?Register Today!
- by DutchgirlRN Jun 14, '07I was thinking about joining the American Radiological Nurses Association. It's $75/year which is reasonable and includes a quarterly magazine. Anyone belong? Is it worth joining? Anyone recommend or not recommend joining?
- Jun 16, '07 by DutchgirlRNbump :spin:
- Jun 18, '07 by dianahDutch, I was a member up till 4 years ago. Since I changed jobs to exclusively Cath Lab, I have let my membership lapse. ARNA at that time was still a fledgling organization, relative to, say, AORN. I did enjoy attending their annual educational meetings; it was VERY good to network with other nurses who work in the strange hybrid world of Radiology, lol! The journal contained good articles, well-written. Join for a year and see what you think/if it's worth it for you.
Hmmmm, maybe I'll renew . .. I always wanted to get my CRN but never took the necessary steps. --- D
- Jul 5, '07 by randismomI have been a member for about 5 years. I was new to the Radiology field at that time, and joining my local chapter was great. I am a one-nurse department,and was really flying on my own, with only a minimum amount of orientation... basically only my role in performing procedures. I have really enjoyed the local chapter education meetings that I have been able to attend, and am considering sitting for the Radiology Nurse certification next year... The publications are really good for updated information. Really timely in subject matter.
BTW, you can have an auto deduction of about $8 per month, so that you don't have a the membership fee hit at one time.
- Oct 18, '07 by radrn31Quote from DutchgirlRNI was thinking about joining the American Radiological Nurses Association. It's $75/year which is reasonable and includes a quarterly magazine. Anyone belong? Is it worth joining? Anyone recommend or not recommend joining?
I would definitely recomment joining. It is worth it. I have been a member since 1988 and have been to several annual meeting. Have always come away with loads of information that I can use. The magazine is very helpful also.