- by RedHeaded2bNurse16 Jan 26My school requires us to take this as our entrance exam to place us in a class. I have all my prerequisites done and I take the test next Thursday & I'm scared! They are only taking the top 16 students!!
Anyone take this test? How was if?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811217©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 648 Views
- Jan 29 by StrawberryEssence81Hi. I took the test and passed it. There are 80 verbal, 54 math, and 80 science questions. You have 60 minutes to do each section. The verbal consists of vocabulary and reading comprehension. The math section is basic algebra and geometry, but it is VERY heavy on fraction, decimal, and percentage questions. The science consists of chemistry, physics, physical science, and biology questions. A lot of it was chemistry, physics, and physical science. There were some anatomy questions thrown in there too, but not many.
What else? Oh. No calculators.
There is a study book to prepare for the test. I bought it, but it literally sat on the floor until after test day. I didn't find the test too difficult. The only part that made me go was the science section, but that's because that's my weak area.
Hmm. Make sure you get adequate rest the night before, and don't stress out.
I wish you the best.
- Jan 30 by SmoothKeysQuote from RedHeadedNurse16Be honest with weak study skills (if any) and make adjustments. I know it's easier said than done but once you do, you'll be among the top 16 students (if this is your goal)!I'm scared! They are only taking the top 16 students!!
Cheering for you.
- Jan 30 by RedHeaded2bNurse16Thank you all so much for your replies! I've been stuck home with sick kids all week and I'm nervous that I haven't had enough study time. I'm most worried about the physics and geometry formulas! Test is tommorow!
- Jan 30 by SmoothKeysIt must be stressful to deal with this all at once. These things can creep up on you when you least expect it. Since your exam is tomorrow, I'm not sure much advice on physics will be of any help. I'm surprise geometry is still a sub-test for these sort of exams.
I hope the kids feel better soon and trust you'll give the NLN your best under these circumstances.
Take care and good luck!
- Jan 31 by RedHeaded2bNurse16I just finished the test! Think I did okay, but will find out in about 2 weeks. Science was tough with a lot of physics!
- Jan 31 by StrawberryEssence81Sending you good vibes.
Mine was computerized, so I found out my score immediately.