Never Giving Up... - page 2
by JaeLaw23 | 2,741 Views | 18 Comments
I decided to go back to school about a year ago... After 13 years in a field I didn't care for I was finally given the opportunity to go to nursing school. I've always wanted to be a nurse, my mother was a nurse. She was... Read More
- 0May 16, '12 by ladawn reevesnever give up, this is my second time going back and i started in the rn progam and im now in the lpn program. its never too late to start and finishing is the key. its women in my class thats 50 years old, and they doing it. life brings many things in our way that pulls us away or holds us back. but as long as u breathing u can do anything you set ur mind to.. good luck!!!!:spin:
- 0May 16, '12 by streeterSo glad you are sticking it out! I chose to quit and the minute I did I ran to one of those easy schools the ones where you have no prereqs to get in and the minute i did it my friend who had a lower gpa than me got in and the man kept saying keep applying but i had applied so many times! But I will tell you this you can do it just keep trying and dont ever give up! I wish i'd stayed in the school where I was at, but every school is different and you will enjoy the nursing program even though it is alot of work it is so worth it!
- 0May 16, '12 by StephalumpKeep on keepin' on, sister! With your passion fueling some hard work, you'll get there and all the stress of the application game will e nothing but a story you tell to inspire new wannabe nurses.
I just received my acceptance letter in April, and I'm so happy! This is my first time applying, but ti's been a long time coming. Just one road block after another.
Your time will come and your blood, sweat, and tears will make your acceptance letter that much more exciting!
- 0May 16, '12 by Live.&.LearnDon't give up!!! I went back a few years ago after 15 years, I started applying to the Nursing program right away so I wasn't surprised the first 2 times I didn't get in because I still had to get some science classes out of the way. Anyway, I got put on the wait list 5 TIMES!!! Each denial letter was devastating and I really began to think that there must be some other reason why I wasn't getting in, my grades were pretty good. I finally decided to apply somewhere else and got put on their waitlist for this fall but a couple of weeks ago I FINALLY got a call from my school offering me a spot in the program for this summer...I started this past monday and yesterday I got a letter from the other school offering me a spot in their fall semester.
During my last interview at my school I was asked by one of the Nursing directors what I was going to do if I couldn't be a nurse, I told her that that wasn't an option, I'm going to be a nurse! One D is not going to ruin this for you, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Don't ever give up!!! I'm sorry you lost your mom, I bet she is so proud of you Thanks for sharing your story with us and GOOD LUCK!!!
- 0May 16, '12 by marla.oliverStay inspired & never give up until you reach your goal. Your story reminded me a lot of myself, not too long ago. Like you I chose to live life and raise a family before I actually made it back to school. But, if I can do it at age 37...so can you. I tried the ADN program when I was younger, but life got in the way of school. So at 37, I went back to LVN school, and I graduated with a 4.0GPA & even made the Dean's List. The day I walked the stage and got my Diploma, was a day I will never forget. You can do it! Just keep trying and you will make it. Good Luck...