Microbiology Question about staining.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Microbiology Question about staining. in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... The question I am looking to answer is: "List 3 different types of stains used to help visualize...by Nursing2102 Feb 23The question I am looking to answer is:
"List 3 different types of stains used to help visualize cells."
This is what I know about staining:
1.)Simple: Used to highlight microorganisms to determine cellular shapes/arrangements.
2.)Differential: Used to distinguish different kinds of bacteria
- A.) Gram: Gram + and Gram -
- B.)Acid Fast: Used to distinguish Mycobacterium.
- A.) Negative: Used to demonstrate the presence of capsules.
- B.) Endospore: Used to detect the presence of endospores in bacteria.
- C.) Flagella: Used to demonstrate the presence of flagella.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=817580©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 393 Views
- Feb 23 by SopranoKrisWe're not supposed to answer homework questions on the forum.
Here's a link that might be helpful to your question (scroll to the staining section): Microbiology Flashcards
- Feb 23 by Nursing2102Thanks.
- Feb 25 by SopranoKrisYou're welcome. Hope it helped!