The question I am looking to answer is: "List 3 different types of stains used to help visualize cells."
This is what I know about staining: Stains:
: Used to highlight microorganisms to determine cellular shapes/arrangements.
: Used to distinguish different kinds of bacteria
- A.) Gram: Gram + and Gram -
- B.)Acid Fast: Used to distinguish Mycobacterium.
Used to color and isolate various structures, such as capsules, endospores, and flagella.
- A.) Negative: Used to demonstrate the presence of capsules.
- B.) Endospore: Used to detect the presence of endospores in bacteria.
- C.) Flagella: Used to demonstrate the presence of flagella.
Would the answer be Simple, Differential and Special?- but are those just categories and not stains? Or would it just be any combination of 3 stains: like simple. gram, and acid fast?