Microbiology and Chemistry - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 30, '08 by Jersey Nursing Girlas far as schools not accepting online courses for prerequisites, most transcripts will not specify whether a course was taken completely face-to-face, web-assisted, or totally online. harvard, the johns hopkins and mit all have online courses.
i would suggest a don't ask, don't tell policy. you can just tell them truthfully that the course was from a regionally accredited college or university. i think it almost impossible to take a course today that by the strictest measure isn't at least a web-assisted course. if they require no web access to content material in a given course, they are very "old school."
i agree with hiddencat that you should check in advance if any pre-requisite course will be accepted from another school. for example, ocean county college makes it very difficult to transfer in a nutrition course from any outside school.
jersey nursing girl
- Nov 30, '08 by IHeartPhysiologyPersonally, I thinks those are two pretty hefty classes to take at once. At my school, though, you cant take chemistry with micro because chem is a prerequisite for both the A/P sequence and microbiology. So for me, it was a non-issue. Good luck.
- Nov 30, '08 by NorCalMimiI'm finishing up Microbiology -- two weeks left. I've been a student on and off since 1987 (BA Humanities, teaching credential). It has been the most difficult and annoying class I've ever had! Geez, I'm no slouch when it comes to being a student. Please take Chemistry first. They counted mine from high school (it's okay to have a belly laugh at that one). It would have been SO MUCH easier to have Chem fresh in my mind before taking Micro. But hey, I've got a strong B, so whatever. Good luck and remember, as a previous post says, you can always drop a class if you change your mind. :spin:
- Nov 30, '08 by shae1022has anyone in CA taken online science classes? and do they transfer to schools like Sac State, and Sierra college?? just curious....they are expensive to take online.
- Dec 1, '08 by txnursingqtI would take them both together with no hesistation. Micro has been sooooo easy. I have taken Chem and it was easy too. In my micro class Chem was not a pre-req and honestly there was not much chem to it at all (don't know if that is just my school). Just my but I found them both to be pretty simple.
I also look at it like this, Biology students do it all the time. So do pre-med students! If they can do it so can I. Good luck.