Last week brought a lot of happy news!
Monday I got my point confirmation for a local ADN program with enough points to get the invitation for the proctored essay....(I have since declined my essay spot to leave room for someone else).
Wednesday I got email confirmation for fall start in an accelerated BSN program in the midwest.
Thursday I got a call from an in state school with acceptance for summer start.
Yes.... I am in!!! Somewhere!! I realize that this is a great predicament to have and I am very very excited. However, it does not make my decision process any easier. The ADN program is out but choosing between the two ABSN programs is quite difficult.
I am looking at tons of details and getting lost! For those of you who had a choice how did you make your decision of one program over the other.
I have set up a metric to look at the pros and cons:
- School reputation and NCLEX rates
- Overall cost
- Program length and scheduling (one program is 22 months, primarily evening and weekend and will not conflict with children's school; the other program is 16 months, start sooner but is Monday to Friday)
- Moving distance & cost (moving is expensive and the school further away is about $10K more)
- Family (moving far means closer to family, staying in state means no family around - also note that my husband is not working locally)
- Continuation of dental treatment (I and two of my children are currently sporting fashionable braces and moving far will make things a tad bit complicated for continuation of care)
Any advice is very much appreciated :-)