Just Sent Off ApplicationRegister Today!
- by dreamsareality2017 Sep 19Hi, everyone,
I've been browsing this site for over a few years now and finally joined.
I'm sending in my application for the second time (I did not get in for this fall semester because I did not have enough points).
I got one more point this time around for having enough work experience.
Wish me luck. I really want to start nursing school and get it over with. I'm excited, nervous and overwhelmed. It's a 2 year program. If I do get in I'll be starting less than a month after I get married which is December 21st and the program is Jan 6th. What also makes it complicated is I also have baby fever. Hmmm. I've been doing so much research on being pregnant while in nursing school. Most don't recommend it and most say its doable. Added to that my husband to-be also has baby fever. Whee! It'll be quite a ride.
Looking forward to sharing the experience with all of you
- Sep 20 by Nursing Student 2015All the best :P
- Sep 20 by StephenAndrewsYeah...I would probably recommend avoiding being pregnant in nursing school. If you miss clinical (a specific amount of hours), you will have to retake the entire semester, or wait an entire year for a new cohort.
- Sep 21 by belkreatiI started nursing school right after giving birth to my son. If it wasn't for my husband, I don't know if I would have been able to complete the program. If you have a good support system, you may be able to handle it, but believe me it won't be easy! If you can hold off, I would recommend it. Best of luck with whatever you decide!!!
- Sep 23 by dreamsareality2017Thanks everyone. It's a tough decision to make. Hopefully whichever I decide to do, I will be strong enough to handle it.