Do not underestimate the difficulty level of nursing school... - Page 8Register Today!
- Aug 11 by amberella123Quote from demeanor89Yikes. Didnt know 16 months was accelerated. I've got it planned out for only like 14 months. We'll plus signing up to take nclex. So I might need to stretch it out maybe. I just don't want to wait any longer than I have to to finish! But with how hard everyone says it is I might need to stretch it out a little more. Specially because I have to work.THANK YOU!!!
I am in the SAME POSITION!! I entered nursing school with a 3.5 GPA and am struggling so bad! I'm already in my first semester and am already going downhill. I have gotten only 60's and 70's on all my tests (thankfully I'm still passing due to backup assignments I am doing very well in ). As for those who work, there is a woman in my class who works full time and is still managing with mostly A's in my program. She's very smart, but how she manages, only god knows. And it's funny cuz my program is accelerated..only 16 months long before we become nurses. I do join study groups, read the material, but I think test taking is also part of it as well which I'm weak in. But these tips are helpful..I hope to pass by this semester and hopefully next semester I'll whiz through these tests.
But def taking all these tips!!
- Aug 15 by AZMama86Great post! Thank you!
- Sep 24 by KarlaFL1145I appreciate this post! I am ready for the challenge of nursing school. I realize it will be far from easy and it will be very different than my pre req classes. I volunteer at a hospital on a weekly basis and lately I have been meeting burned out nurses that HATE their job. It will not discourage me, but I take it all into consideration. This post will be filed away in that mental cabinet. Best of luck to you!
- Sep 25 by ShelbyaStarThank you so much! I am going straight for my BSN and have many general ed requirements (chem, writing, etc) covered already from a previous degree so I'm HOPING it may be a little easier on me. I won't be counting on it though.
- Sep 26 by mee9mee9I'm taking out time from school to be a CNA and then apply for nursing school in a few years.
- Sep 26 by amberdawn85Then those who do it without neglecting their children. I don't think 1 and 3 year olds will understand that they are less important than a school.