Discouragement from others - Do I have what it takes? - page 2
by samanthajo23 | 1,595 Views | 16 Comments
Hello! I'm 22 and currently finishing up my per-requisites to apply to the nursing program in the near future. Currently, I hold a 4.0 GPA. While in high-school I was a bit of a wild child, couldn't focus, and graduated with a... Read More
- 0Sep 13, '12 by Mrsladysoul83People say negative things to make themselves feel better. There will always be DISCOURAGERS BUT know that for every DISCOURAGER there are 2-3 ENCOURAGERS! FORGET THAT CHICK GOTS 2 BE JEALOUS! When i got into my RN prog i had a 2.7 failed out(my OWN FAULT) got myself together applied to a LPN program earlier this year with a 3.37 & GOT IN! & im currently maintaing that! My instructor from the RN program told me i needed to change my career plans! & i almost did because in my area you have to wait 5 years to apply back BUT THE DEVIL IS A LIE I wILL NOT CHANGE NOTHING! By getting accepted into this LPN program it made me feel like i made the right decision about not giving up because of WHAT SOMEBODY ELSE SAID! I am worker harder everyday to PROVE 2 MYSELF that this is what im meant & called to do & i must say i am PROUD OF ME! & a little bit to prove to her that WHO ARE YOU 2 TELL ME I NEED 2 CHANGE! I would LOVE 2 BE HER NURSE 1 DAY & i'll make sure i tell her " i didnt change my career just took a DETOUR & LOOK AT ME NOW! BOOM HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!
- 0Sep 13, '12 by KristinaTI feel like I've encountered that too from people I tell that I'm applying to nursing schools. I get "That's really hard, you know. Like, a lot of science." Me: deadstare, and thinking "What do you think I've been doing for the last two years...pottery?". I'm working my butt off right now so that I can get into a good school and I the pressure is on because it's time to apply. Don't let the pressure and others doubts deter you, it's hard to stay on track but when it's all said and done you know deep down that this is what you want. Prove 'em wrong.
- 0Sep 13, '12 by Bobmo88I would just brush that comment off and just focus on yourself. You are probably better off than your classmates with your GPA and experience so what do they know? You should be proud that you have a 4.0 and it is impressive that you already have experience in the field, don't let anyone take that away from you. Microbiology and A&P II are not easy classes so you should try your best but if your GPA drops, it is not the end of the world. I was nowhere near a 4.0 in pre-reqs and I am currently in my first semester of nursing school. Just stay strong and don't give up!
- 1Sep 14, '12 by cbsncmomI am in my first year of pre-reqs and I have stopped telling people at school that I am going into nursing. Why? Because of this exact thing your talking about. Every person I meet is going into Nursing, and has something negative to say if you tell them that you are as well. I am 41 years old today, and I don't have time or the patience for small minded individuals. I have made friends with two girls and one guy that are going into Nursing, and we are really being supportive of each other. Find a few people that you can talk to, and stick with them. Take anyone negative out of your life.
- 0Sep 29, '12 by jeo684Honestly I think I would've given her a dirty look. You know a lot of the best medical professionals are not the most "book smart" .... They have common sense! I doubt she does... Cause if she does, she wouldn't of said that.
You sound like you have your heart and mind into so shake her off... Because I'm sure she won't last in the field.