Ok, I need to make a smart decision...what would you do? I currently hold a gpa of 3.60. I am in my last semester at Broward College. It's transfer time! I put in an application for FIU, Barry University, FAU and Nova Southeastern University. I have not done the hesi yet.
The dilemma: I've been in school since 2009 to earn my AA....all will be done this summer 2011, I currently work full time at a lousy job and I have a 5 year old son and I'm a single mom. (impatience is building in me!!) I would like to become a psych nurse, so that means, after my bsn, I need to do my msn and then my post master certificate.
I applied to FIU in march...but i'm to late to start the nursing program for fall 2011. Since FIU has two required pre-reqs that you have to take at FIU only before applying for their nursing program. So i got accepted to FIU "the university" for pre-nursing for fall 2011. That means, when i'm done taking my reqs...i have to take a bunch of other classes I don't need to then apply for the nursing program for fall 2012 since i'm on financial aid. And i paid the acceptance fee of 250. But hearing about how the gpa average is 3.9. I freaked out...
So then I applied to Barry University...they have the same rules...two pre-reqs and acceptance first for pre-nursing...but I didn't put down an acceptance fee...(im not rich!)...so barry is just lingering right now... their nursing program starts in fall 2012 as well!
So now I applied to FAU, no pre-reqs required (plus it's in boca...I live in hollywood, so I would have to take tri-rail..I can't move), but I heard their gpa average is 3.8...sigh....but I'm not done yet from BC, I have until august 8, 2011 to graduate to give FAU my full BC transcript. FAU program start in May2012
Finally, I applied to Nova, no pre-reqs but the most expensive school! They start in January 2012! Which is wayyy better than the other schools! I have a feeling I have a good GPA to get into Nova, I'm just worried about the tuition and fees...500!! Acceptance fee, and 500 for something else too! so 1000 in total before first registration!
What would you do in my situation? ...I fear that I will be rejected at both FIU and FAU (FIU is my first choice and FAU is my second...they are both more affordable, and FAU is sooo far). And Nova is soooo expensive, with financial aid used up, there is a possibility of me having 4000 left over for me to pay with loans for each semester. Barry is just hanging there, because it starts late, so it's my last choice.
What would you have done? Plus what makes it worse, my boyfriend might be relocated anywhere in the US (new great job!) next summer (2012)...so that mean, (half-way through school if I go to nova, and for FIU and FAU wouldn't have started yet!) we will be long distance until I graduate...I just want to be able to graduate on time... 2014, do my NCLEX, become an RN and move up with him.
So again...what would you do? Any suggestions would be great! I just want to make the most smart and efficient decision in a time sensitive situation....