University of Cincinnati Online - Summer 2013 - page 5
Hi Everyone! Just wondering if anyone applied to University of Cincinnati's Online Nursing Program for Summer 2013? I applied for the FNP specialty about 5 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back with a decision. Hope to... Read More
- 0Jun 19, '13 by fnp2be15In the spirit of your "observed" acceptance rate study of UC on allnurses.com, here are a couple of denial posts:
Please keep in mind that there is a selection (participation) bias that occurs. Not everyone getting rejected from UC wants to log in and post about it. Although you may think the acceptance rate is "nearly 100%" by reading a few threads, you probably should not post things that are not able to be fully supported with either admission statistics documents or some other form of solid evidence. This is also a good idea for future clinical practice. I'm not saying UC is the best in the country, but it is far from the "diploma mill" you are making it out to be..
Also, from one of your previous posts:
"I'm very concerned with always providing the best care for my patients and so I want to go to a program where I will learn the most. It seems a lot of "diploma mill" type schools have opened for NPs, and I need help weeding them out!"
I applaud your concern for future patients, but as much as I would like to allow you to shape your post so that it makes UC's program appear as a diploma mill, I think there is strong evidence against this.
For anyone reading this thread, here are some highlights about UC Nursing:
1) First bachelor's degree program in nursing
2) U.S. News Best Grad Schools, ranked #64 (alongside Baylor, MGH, Texas Tech, USF, UTMB, Villanova)
3) Nursing Anesthesia, #32
4) Nursing-Midwifery, #35
5) #33 Best Online Graduate Education Programs (not nursing, but I doubt a public institution like UC would have one degree program that is a diploma mill and one that is highly ranked)
6) Pediatrics ranked #3 in the nation, along with all other medical school specialties in the top 50 (otolaryngology #18, neurology #28, geriatrics #29, cardiology #43)
7) U.S. President William Taft, Law Alumni, 1880
8) Inventor of Benadryl, George Rieveschl, Class of '37, '39', and '40
9) First emergency medicine residency program
10) First oral polio vaccine (Albert Sabin, UC Professor)
More at: UC Facts, University of Cincinnati
I am not a recruiter. I am seriously considering this school and take my education choices very personally. I know that when I was searching for programs, I relied heavily on the personal experience expressed on this board. I think that it is only fair that those reading threads like yours that may immediately think "nearly 100%" = diploma mill or low-quality education receive the facts.
- 0Jul 18 by TSM2017I have had the same issue. I have submitted my paperwork and wondered if everything is complete. I have not heard anything. The ONLY thing that makes me feel ok is that I had the same communication issues with Georgetown and I know they are a really big name fancy school. They never returned my calls or emails. The adviser had a horrible attitude and emails were very abrupt. I did read this articles about how potential applicants used to only apply to a few schools now they are applying to schools by the teens or twenties making the process very slow for the schools.