MTSA Roll CallRegister Today!
- by SleepyRN2B Feb 13, '05Just wondering how many people on this site will be attending Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia in July??
- 2,507 Views
- Feb 13, '05 by baxter280i will be there.
- Feb 18, '05 by shirleyTXHello all,
I was wondering, since your in Tennessee why you chose MTSA, instead of the other schools in Tenn. like KNoxville or Chattanooga. Was there something in this program that the others did not offer? Curious, b/c once I get a few years in ICU I do plan on applying in Tenn. and was just wondering if I was missing something. For me, the choice will be location based, but just wondering about the other areas.
- Feb 18, '05 by rn29306Not sure about UTK, but Chattanooga is Master of Science in Nursing, dealing with a couple of fluff classes, doing a project/thesis, based at Erlanger and a few outlying facilities. There is no competition by anesthesia residents. Erlanger is our playground for 55-60 (cannot exceed 65) hours week with weeknight and weekend call. MTSA is not MSN based, no theory courses, but you are farmed out to some out of the way places as far as clinicals. Not sure about competition with residents.
If I am wrong about anything that has been told to me, please feel free to correct any misunderstandings. Not trying to compare the programs, but just to give insight to UTC and Erlanger's program..
Hope this helps the OP.
- Feb 18, '05 by SleepyRN2BMTSA is a masters degree program... All clinicals save the children's hospital clinical is in Nashville and surrounding area. The only difference I see is that MTSA is on the quarter system, and your in clinicals 5 weeks in.
- Feb 18, '05 by rn29306Not denying that MTSA isn't a master's program, but isn't it a Master of Science rather than MSN?
- Feb 19, '05 by bwalstonYes. MTSA awards the Master of Science, with a focus in Nurse Anesthesia. UT - Memphis, Chattanooga, and Knoxville award the MSN.
Quote from rn29306Not denying that MTSA isn't a master's program, but isn't it a Master of Science rather than MSN?
- Feb 20, '05 by tmax97Quote from SleepyRN2BI will be there in July. Very excited to get started!!!!Just wondering how many people on this site will be attending Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia in July??
- Feb 21, '05 by SleepyRN2BTmax,
Are you male/female... married/single.... age.... moving from?? just currious.
I am male 35, Married with 3 kids... moving from Birmingham... will be living in the Hendersonville area... Looking forward to it...
- May 20, '11 by trauma735How was the interview for MTSA?