Yale GEPN Applicants 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 12, '12 by RVLyHey Everyone!
I'm having a hard time keeping the essay fluid. I've heard that the admissions committee are sticklors for juding an essay on the ability of being able to answer the questions in order. I want to get this essay done and out ASAP! What other schools are people applying to? I'm applying to Columbia, Yale (obviously!), MGH, JHU, and I'm debating about UMass Medical and Simmons. My specialty is acute care and I'm super excited about it...especially getting these essays done. I've procrastinated a good couple months and its all coming and biting me in the butt haha
- Oct 12, '12 by kdiemHi everyone! Which address did everyone use to ship in your transcripts, and do you know if YSN cares which carrier you use to send them in? I see this address which they label as courier/physical address: 100 Church Street South, New Haven, CT 06519. And also this address which is considered their postal address: PO Box 9740 New Haven, CT 06536. I'm not sure which one is more appropriate!
- Oct 13, '12 by JP999I used the PO Box 9740, in which case you have to send USPS and I know they received my transcripts so it must have worked!!
- Oct 13, '12 by JustD16I'm using the physical address but that is because I am requiring a signature upon receipt so that I know for sure they received them without having to call or email.
- Oct 13, '12 by kdiemthanks for the help! i will send to the PO Box then. jp999 -- how long did it take for yours to be received? i live in california... so new haven is a bit far...
- Oct 13, '12 by JP999I don't remember exactly, but I think it only took about 3-4 days for them to get there and processed through their system so that my online application indicated that they had received them. But I was only sending them from Massachusetts, so it might take longer...
- Oct 14, '12 by JustD16Just to double check: all we need in the packet we mail are our transcripts and letters of recommendation if the recommender did not submit one electronically. The essay and resume only need to be uploaded to the online application. Correct?
- Oct 15, '12 by kdiemYeap! I'm only submitting my transcripts in my envelope. I wish we could have just sent this directly from the college/university's transcript service.
- Oct 15, '12 by the healer's artQuote from kdiemJust got an email from Yale this morning that says:Yeap! I'm only submitting my transcripts in my envelope. I wish we could have just sent this directly from the college/university's transcript service.
"Transcripts may be collected by the applicant and forwarded to our office, or sent directly from the institution of higher learning. Just be sure it remains in the signed, sealed envelope. "Last edit by the healer's art on Oct 15, '12
- Oct 16, '12 by JustD16Starting to stress a little...still waiting on transcripts I ordered a month ago and just reordered last week and one letter of recommendation. Anyone else still waiting on stuff?