University of South Alabama Fall 2012 DNPRegister Today!
This is a discussion on University of South Alabama Fall 2012 DNP in Post Graduate Nursing Student: MSN/DNP/DNSc/PhD, part of Nursing Student ... For all those starting the DNP program in the fall. We have created a facebook page. Look for...by jdanruck May 8, '12For all those starting the DNP program in the fall. We have created a facebook page. Look for "University of South Alabama DNP Fall 2012" group on Facebook. This thread will also be a great place for general discussion as we all know we will need friends!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=707946©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,088 Views
- May 12, '12 by Nurse MaruSweet! I start my BSN to DNP advanced emergency FNP/AACNP this fall. See you on Facebook :-)
- May 13, '12 by rachelaleanRN2BNurse Maru,
I am in your same concentration. See you in class. Have you completed your acceptance packet?
- May 14, '12 by Nurse MaruHi Rachel! I made a request to join the group. I'm getting the last of my paperwork done and sending off my acceptance packet today. I'm so excited about this next chapter in my life. A little anxious perhaps - but very excited. It will be very good to have contact outside of class interactions with classmates. The Facebook page my nursing class had for my BSN program was very valuable to us and I believe it will be even more important in graduate school. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone
- May 30, '12 by leprachaun3401Hello
To all of you that just been accepted to this DNP program, may I ask how strong was your portfolio was, and any advice?
I am applying for the spring semester and I must admit I am a little nervous.
- May 31, '12 by rachelaleanRN2BLeprachaun3401,
Overall GPA: 3.3
ADN GPA: 3.03
BSN GPA: 3.97
Experience: RN 8 years, ER, ICU at level one trauma centers and home health and nursing management experience
My essay was about 4 pages long
Advise: Be honest in your essay and really know what you want to do with the degree.
- Jun 1, '12 by Nurse MaruNick,
I have a 3.6 overall, 3.7 BSN.
My essay was only about a page and a half, but concise and heartfelt. I deliberately kept it as short as possible, bearing in mind how many of these essays they must read, hoping they would appreciate the brevity with which I was able to present my petition. I think as long as one stays very carefully within the guidelines, the length of one's essay is very much a personal decision that should reflect your most comfortable style and convey your better strengths.
I am a psych nurse and I have reasonably extensive community and volunteer involvement.
I was very nervous about submitting applications as well, but I was in the end accepted to three schools and had to decide between them. USA, Jefferson and The George Washington. I eliminated Jefferson as it was a Master's program and I prefer to seek a Doctorate of Practice, and although GWU was a very attractive opportunity, in the end it was just a bit too expensive. I think you just have to trust that by your efforts, your will and desire will shine through, and the opportunites you need will come.
- Jun 4, '12 by CassBMy overall GPA was 3.7. USA only looks at your cumulative GPA. My essay was only one page long. I believe there was a word limit on it. I honestly did not spend much time on the essay. I stated my reason for wanting to continue my education and that was that. When I applied, I had two years of psychiatric nursing experience in both an inpatient and outpatient setting under my belt. Everyone is nervous when applying, so telling you not to be is pointless lol. Just know that you have as good a chance as anyone else. If your GPA isn't as strong, maybe your work experience is. Or maybe your essay will be better than most. Good luck!
- Jun 4, '12 by rachelaleanRN2BThe essay had a word MINIMUM, which was 350 words, there was no maximum. I can't say one specific thing that got me in because I don't know. One thing I can say is, you never know unless you try
- Jun 5, '12 by CassBAhh, minimum....my bad lol.