University of South Alabama MSN/BSN-DNP Psych NP 2012 - page 4
by lildrekie 38,357 Views | 132 Comments
Anyone applied to and/or have heard from the University of South Alabama Psych NP for Masters or BSN-DNP online for Spring 2012? Anyone with experience with this program and would like to share info, network, etc. Please... Read More
- 0I also applied for the Psych BSN-DNP program. I am anxiously awaiting a decision. To make matters worse, I just received a phone call from kw regarding my psychiatric experience. I emailed her back, which she asked me to do and gave her the details (the same details that was in my application materials...), and her reply back was "Thanks for the update. Take care." AHH!! That could not make me feel any worse lol. My stomach is in even more knots than it already was! Really hoping we get letters soon...
- 1Apr 16, '12 by lildrekieGood luck to you guys. I am in the program (BSN-DNP Psych @ USA) and its really good. CassB, don't fret. When I applied I was contacted about a similar thing, but here I am. Mistake it not, USA is highly competitive though. I have a psych NP w/several yrs & good grades that I consult with occasionally for advice and he has applied to USA twice and knows others how've applied 4-5x w/o acceptance. If u get-in, it's because you're the creme-de-la-creme; and I'm not bias at all. It was my honor. Good luck again to you!
- 0Thanks lildrekie. That makes me feel better lol. Can I ask how many years of psych nsg experience you had before acceptance? I only have two years...which I know is the minimum they ask for. I've only done psych ever since I graduated. I have a competitive GPA so hoping that may help me out with my lack of experience. We will see!
- 0Apr 17, '12 by tiff3058I received a phone call that I was tentatively accepted into the program but am awaiting the letter later this week for the post master's psych-DNP program. Hopefully I can link up with others attending the Aug 2012 DNP intensive in AL. I am a FNP (licensed last summer) but wish I would have just gone straight into a Psych NP program and I would have been alot further in my psych career than beginning it now. It is a highly competitive program from what I hear and very rigorous I have heard from some.
Good Luck to all!
- 2Apr 18, '12 by lildrekieThat's great tiff. The DNP was really good. Great info. Campus & bookstore is really nice. The work is challenging, especially if you work full-time. Your ability to write, APA format, nursing research, PDF files, and real world advanced practice nursing is about to become your best friend or worst enemy. Give yourself the time. I highly suggest if you're full-time, make plans to get part-time at least by your 2nd-3rd semester. It'll help u a lot. Good Luck! & Congrats! It's a great journey!
- 0Apr 18, '12 by CassBCongrats tiff! One more week of waiting for letters (I hope that's all...lol). I only applied to USA and only the BSN-DNP. Now I'm wishing I would have applied to the MSN track as well to better my chances. I received a student ID number from the financial aid office yesterday. I'm getting my hopes up from every little thing lol.