University of Cincinnati Online FNP Fall '12Register Today!
- by Splendid Splinter Feb 7, '12Anyone beginning UC's online FNP program for the Fall '12 term? I'm looking to network/share information with fellow classmates.
- Splendid: I got accepted in the Fall '12 term too! Very excited.
- Feb 18, '12 by Splendid SplinterCongrats! I'm anxious to get started. A recent grad works within my organization and has had great things to say about the program.
- I'm eager to start too. You planning on working full time?
- Feb 18, '12 by Splendid SplinterYeah, unfortunately I don't have a choice. I have to stay as close to 40 hrs/week as possible for insurance purposes. I work four 10's, so I always have a day off during the week to devote to clinicals. My manager is extremely supportive of continuing education and has said that she is willing to be flexible with my schedule to make it all work.
- same here, but I work 3 12s, and some new grads of ANPs say that two courses w/a full-time schedule is completely doable (even if we are taking biostats and physio).
What sort of unit are you on? Any idea what field you're interested in?
- Feb 19, '12 by Splendid SplinterI work in the OR. I would like to first assist. How about you?
- Feb 20, '12 by ChubbyNDRNI work in ICU. I'd most like to specialize in derm, but wouldn't mind doing primary care either.
- Feb 20, '12 by Splendid SplinterMy manager has been encouraging me to look into derm. Funny, because she is a career OR nurse. I thought she would have steered me more in that direction, but she's really promoted keeping an open mind. I'm excited to be exposed to areas I might not have considered otherwise.
- Feb 21, '12 by ChubbyNDRNVery interesting! I agree, I'm very excited to start clinicals so I can explore my options. I'm a bit nervous about finding preceptors, but I hope to start making contacts early. Are you based in OH? I'm in Indianapolis, right in IU Medical Center. I should have my options, but I know it can be hard to get MD/NPs to take on a student.