UIC Graduate Entry Program - Page 4Register Today!
- Ah okay
- When I emailed them about the word limit, they said "The first essay (Goal Statement)should be 600
words. The other questions don't have to be 600 words."
So my first essay is exactly 600, the last two are around 700.
Yea, I figure they will see that I listed another college on the pre-req evaluation and will ask me to submit those transcripts.
- Okay sounds good. Thanks!
- Feb 3 by steve21021What!?!?!?!
I only saw that the volunteer Experience had to be at most 600 words on my application. My goals statement is right now about 850 words. The rest had no limit and were shorter.
- Feb 3 by hi616Yeah, I saw that same thing too. There have definitely been some inconsistencies between the application and what you can find on the website. Did you submit it already?
- From my understanding the goal statement and the volunteer experience should be no more than 600 words. Others have no limit.
The website states that the goal statement should be no more than 600 words. And my supplemental says the volunteer experience essay should be 600 words.
I will call them first thing tomorrow and clarify this. Following the rules is very important!
- Feb 3 by sarasaysI submitted mine with each essay roughly 600 words (some a few words over), because I was also unsure based on their guidelines. It probably doesn't matter TOO much how long or short they are, as long as the content is strong!
- Yes there are definitely inconsistencies which is confusing. I just went with what I was emailed (and of course saved the email just in case) and only went 100 words over so hopefully I won't get penalized. It takes them a few days to reply to emails so hopefully you will receive a quicker answer by calling. And let us know even though it's too late for me.
- Yea, absolutely will do!
- And I figured I would post my stats while I'm over here having mild anxiety due to the Super Bowl.
Cumulative Undergrad GPA is barely a 3.0 (I struggled my first and second years)
Last 90 Qtr Units = 3.53
GRE (quantitative, verbal, writing): 153/157/5
Ran two health focused community service projects during college
Currently volunteer at a shelter that deals primarily with the homeless and those with mental illnesses
Work in a medical office (front office stuff)Last edit by sittenfeld on Feb 3 : Reason: Formatting