UIC Graduate Entry Program - Page 2Register Today!
- What does the supplemental application include (essays)?
- Jan 31 by hi616The supplemental app has three essays (a goal statement, an essay about being a leader, and an essay about health related work or volunteer experience if you have any), a pre-requisite self-evaluation form, a space to insert your resume, and a space to list volunteer or community service activities.
It also asks for the email addresses of the three people doing your letters of rec. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it doesn't allow you to send the electronic forms to your recommenders until you've completed to app. So I'm rushing today to complete it so my recommenders have a full month to submit.
- Perfect! Thanks for the detailed response!
- When are we supposed to send the transcripts?
- Jan 31 by hi616I don't understand the whole transcript part. The supplemental mentions nothing about it and the website says we are supposed to upload it to the "UIC graduate application." I was never prompted to do that though... I think I'll just call and see if I can mail them in. I'm assuming they want it before March 1st.
- Feb 1 by rainkissedleavesI am able to upload unofficial transcripts to my graduate application. Aren't you?
I will call to ask if I need to mail them just in case as well.
- Feb 1 by hi616Wait maybe I did do that? I don't remember now! Haha so many applications later I'm just not sure. Well if you figure it out let me know and I'll do the same!
- Feb 1 by rainkissedleavesHaha maybe you did!
So for the supplemental application- I guess the email to our recommenders only go out once we finish the supplemental? I wish there was a way to send it earlier. Or at least if I could know the format of the recommendation (if its a letter or an evaluation form that they ask to fill out).
- Feb 2 by sarasaysHi all. I just finished and submitted my supplemental application last night for Adult/Gerontology Acute Care NP! I was also a little confused about the unofficial transcripts, but I figured it out. If you go back to your graduate application, which you can do just by logging in with the username/password you created, you should be able to see general information about the status of your application (i.e. mine now says "Application Materials Received - Please await further updates" since I've submitted everything). If you scroll down the page, you'll see a heading called "Requirements," and under that you should be able to upload your unofficial transcripts.
Also, here is the sample recommendation form that is posted on the website: http://www.uic.edu/nursing/forms/ELE...AMPLE- GEP.pdf
I hope that's helpful!
- Feb 2 by rainkissedleavesThanks Sara!!