UCLA MECN 2012 - Page 26Register Today!
- Mar 22, '12 by blahitsosky......Last edit by blahitsosky on Mar 22, '12
- Mar 22, '12 by blahitsoskyQuote from goguemah@Blahitsosky
I ended up resigning from my job as a CNA... First two quarters are just brutal.. This quarter we just had like 4 finals in a row and one more coming tomorrow, plus endless paper assignments. There are others who are working as a per diem RT, ER Tech, etc... Some are managing.. some almost dropped out.. some just extremely stressed... They would work nights and then come to 8:00am classes right after their shift w/o getting any sleep...
For me it was just too stressful, and personally I wouldn't recommend working during the first two quarters. If you really do need to work, then I recommend picking up a job AFTER first two quarters (The most intense quarters from what I hear) IT WILL BE INTENSE IF YOU DO DECIDE TO WORK. but it won't kill u i guess.
I worked for like a month into the Fall quarter and I saw my grades start dwindling down, so I decided to quit working. For me grades are super important cuz i want to have anesthesia nursing option open for the far future... But if not, then grades don't really matter. Just make sure you pass the course with a B average!
One of my colleague said he was "pretty far down" the waitlist and he still got in... I would just email and ask them your waitlist position. I don't think it would hurt... if it's not too far down, I'd recommend finishing all ur pre-reqs by this summer.
thanks for your perspective. i guess i'll try working part time. my job has flexible hours and i work in CHS so i can go in and out of the office between classes and the library. Hopefully, it's manageable, but if not i can quit.
- Mar 22, '12 by amyL.ase@junealex
Not yet, but I think it's getting close. My friend who's currently in the MECN program said one of her classmates was #29 or so last year and still got in, albeit pretty late into the summer. I'm waiting it out!
- Mar 22, '12 by vgirlie163So I emailed and asked how far down they were on the waitlist. She replied and said that I was next in line. I was so nervous and excited! Then a couple hours later I received a call that I was admitted!!!!! I am so excited and happy!!!!!! I was number 22. I am planning on taking Nursing 50 in the summer as well.
- Mar 22, '12 by i_Run_eCongrats vgirlie!!!!!
- Mar 22, '12 by travelergirl12Congrats!!! @Vgirlie! Now I'm even more nervous because I'm just a few spots away from you! *biting teeth*
- Mar 23, '12 by AuntySamcongratulations vgirlie163!!
- Mar 23, '12 by junealexVgirlie163: CONGRATS!!!! You must have been stoked!!!
Travelergirl12: That must be exciting news for you, I am so sure you will be admitted. I am not too far away from you so that makes my chances much more promising. I hope am right behind you!
Keep us posted if you hear from UCLA...
I would still like to know the next number???? If anyone knows please share....
- Mar 23, '12 by travelergirl12They're at #23!
- Mar 23, '12 by junealextravelergirl12: Indeed, i contacted them this morning...