Samuel Merritt ELMSN/FNP Fall 2013 Sacramento - Page 8Register Today!
- Sep 2, '12 by dooodaadewCongrats to everyone who received an interview !
I have a question though... (and I hope this doesn't come out wrong) but does everyone who submitted an application and has all the prereqs, letter of rec, goal statements, etc. done receives an interview?
- Sep 2, '12 by ALXiongHi, dooodaadew. I don't think that all applications who meet their application requirement will be invited to interviews. I believe they have a lot of applicants for very limited spots, so they only invite people who they think will best fit their program. According to previous posts from past two years, if you are not invited to interview, your application is not going to move forward. You may want to contact them after application cycle end to have feedback what you can do to become a more competitive candidate. Hope this answer will help you. If others have more insights, please feel free to correct or advise me as well. Good luck everyone!
- Sep 2, '12 by Sisyer2Dooodaadew -
I was told that about 400+ people apply, but only about 100-120 get interviews (if I remember correctly). So unfortunately, some people will not get one. However, I think that if you have good grades, good letters, etc., that your chances are good!
- Sep 2, '12 by Kimevans711Hi everyone. I have an interview on September 8 from 1-3 (FNP). Anyone else in this group? I have no idea what to expect. I know that the interview will be in a group setting instead of one on one. Im confused as to how they get a feel for each applicant if they don't interview us individually. How does a group setting work. Do they jut throw questions out and who ever wants to answer speaks up? what types of questions do they ask in a group setting.
- Sep 2, '12 by KC613I too am in the Sept 8 interview. I have no idea how they handle the questions in a group. Soooo excited!!!
- Sep 2, '12 by Kimevans711Mee too!! I'm excited,nervous and nauseous all at the same time. Hope I don't throw up in the interview.... That would definitely leave an impression! Lol. good luck in the interview. Im preying I do well
- Sep 3, '12 by dardymommaHooray! Got my interview invitation! Wooo hoo!
- Sep 3, '12 by JeninCAWhen I interviewed last year, it was very relaxed (well, as much as it can be for all of us who are anxious) and the staff was extremely nice. Just remember everything you do and say is important. They really do try to make it as comfortable as possible. Just be yourself and answer honestly and to the best of your ability. Good luck everyone, you will do great.
- Sep 3, '12 by dardymommaJenin-
Did they ask the group questions and expect people to jockey to answer? Or did they use direct questioning with individual students? What type of questions were they, can you give an example? (or were you sworn to secrecy?? )
- Sep 3, '12 by lenaelleCongrats Dardymomma! Is this for Fnp or Cm? Also, for the FNP interview... I've heard that you really have to try your best to stand out. You'll be given scenarios in groups and asked to describe your partner (so hope and pray you sit next to someone who will describe you well). You are being put up against the best of the best in the application pool so be prepared and ready to shine!