Pros/Cons of Umass Worcester GEP Program - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 18 by bosfnp2bSorry - I've been without internet access for a few days. Congrats on your acceptances I'm interviewing this week, so fingers crossed! Any pointers for the interview? Did they only cover the questions that were outlined in the confirmation email?
I think you will do just fine without the BSN...so many people have gone through the program and have found jobs after, so I can't imagine that you will have a different experience as long as you work hard. The best piece of advice that anyone has given me during this whole process is to 'pursue whatever works best for you, not what others think is best'. It sounds like you've found the right fit!
- Feb 21 by whatatreat86Hello! I'm glad I finally found a thread about UMW because I haven't been able to find any information about it! Has everyone who applied there heard back yet? I, unfortunately, sent in my application right before the deadline. I know that they do rolling admissions, so I feel like if I haven't heard anything by now, I didn't get in...It was my #2 school because of the cost! But I think I am going to end up going BC, since I've actually heard back from them
- Feb 21 by bosfnp2bSo I think the interview went well I won't know for sure until the first week of March, and I know that it is a very competetive program, so we shall see...
I didn't hear until last week and I submitted right before the deadline as well, so I wouldn't worry yet!Last edit by bosfnp2b on Feb 21 : Reason: post looked strange
- Feb 28 by blizz108Is anyone still reading this thread? I have my interview for the GEP to DNP next week (very excited!). Has anyone found out further information about the GEP or UMW? Any more acceptances?
- Feb 28 by bosfnp2bNothing yet - i'm supposed to hear end of this week/early next.
- Mar 5 by DizzyD25Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been on! I'm definitely attending. I've heard nothing but great things about UMW's program. My PCP who has MGH NPs working for her said that UMW is harder than MGH to get into and is an AMAZING school. Has anyone heard? if so what is your decision?? Orientation is in June fyi I'm currently looking for apts. Went today to scope out the area and have looked at many units in local condos. We can't advertise for roomates, so if anyone is rooming please PM me. Rumor has it you have to start early to get into safe decent apts.
- Mar 7 by blizz108I had my interview yesterday. Now I'm patiently (not patiently) waiting to hear. I've already paid my deposit at Simmons, but I so want in at UMW.
Is that my phone ringing? <---- The question I ask myself 50 times a day.
- Mar 9 by bosfnp2bDo any of you know if health insurance is included in the tuition amounts that they list in the handbook? It says inclusive of all fees...but i'm not sure if health insurance counts as a fee.