OHSU Acc Bacc to Masters 2012 - Page 8Register Today!
- Just got waitlist letter :-( Better than being rejected though. Staying positive.
- Mar 9, '12 by arapDo they tell you were you are on the wait list? Stay positive!!
- I live in the Portland area and just got the letter in the mail. There is a form to fill out requesting to be put on the list and must be returned by March 23rd. It also says they can't tell you where you will be ranked but it is based on "a variety of factors including GPA, essay evaluation, and overall fit for our program"Last edit by Midwife22 on Mar 9, '12
- Mar 9, '12 by Ms. BastetWaitlist isn't a bad thing. Not everyone who is accepted will necessarily choose to attend.
Did you apply to any other schools?
Another thing to consider is that in the final semester of the master's portion of this program the students go to other clinical sites for their integration. If you attend another school, there is a possibility that you could do integration @ OHSU. I know one of the current nurse midwives/faculty ended up working there because she did her integration @ OHSU but got her training elsewhere.
So there are all SORTS of ways to get into OHSU!
- Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive about being waitlisted. I know of three friends who got in off the waitlist in past years, so there is definitely the possibility. I feel thankful to have even gotten this far since I just had my interview last Thursday!
I only applied to OHSU. I began looking into midwifery school when I was in high school and have spent the past 4 years researching schools, volunteering as a student midwife, and preparing specifically for OHSU. I moved up here to attend this school and will be reapplying if necessary. I also applied to the Accelerated BSN just to keep things moving along. I won't give up!
Thank you all for being so supportive and I hope you receive letters soon. I hope you all soon get the relief that I now have of finally knowing something. Good luck to everyone and I hope to get in off the waitlist and meet you all.
Admissions told me at the beginning of this process that, "It isn't over until it's over" and that is certainly true when offers can made as late as the first week of classes. Don't give up and hang in there everyone!
- Mar 9, '12 by arapI know how you feel Midwife22, I only applied to one school last year and was so upset when I didn't get in. I also have a friend who is on the wait list to another school and I know how hard its been on her. She wrote the school a letter of intentent when they wait listed her, I don't know if it helps, but it probably doesn't hurt.
My experience taught me to not give up on my dreams and just kinda keep improving myself and my application. And Ms. Bastet is right, not everyone who gets in chooses to go. It really isn't over till its over! For what its worth, I hope you get in!! It sounds like you are a great candidate!
- Mar 10, '12 by blackbird singingHi everyone! I have been lurking around this board for a while in hopes of figuring out when I would find out if I was accepted or not. I got my letter today and was waitlisted... womp womp. I am pretty certain I am not going to send in the form to place myself on the waitlist simply because I have been accepted at Vanderbilt. (OHSU and Vandy were tied for my number 1 choices) Also, I don't think I would be financially ready to move across the country in 3 months, and vandy starts in August. Those extra months will really give me time to save to be able to get a decent car and have more savings when I start school. So that's one less person you waitlist-ers have to compete with.
When I interviewed, I fell madly in love with the campus, the nurse midwifery program, the faculty, and the city. So, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that I can do my integration there. (At the potluck, I remembered a faculty member talking about doing her integration there, even though she attended school on the east coast--- maybe it's the same person Midwife22 is talking about!) And if that ultimately doesn't work, I will apply for their midwifery fellowship once I graduate. Like I said, I fell in love with it all, and I dream about getting back there one day!!
Good luck to everyone here!! Thanks for all the updates and keeping us all posted about when we would get notification! haha
- Mar 11, '12 by rainkissedleavesHi everyone,
May i please know what everyone's stats were like? (gpa, GRE, extra curricular)? I am applying for next cohort and I was wondering how the pool looks like.
- Mar 12, '12 by Ms. BastetI'm on the waitlist, just got the letter today. Now it's time to make some serious decisions.
- Mar 12, '12 by Midwife22Ms. Bastet, did you get accepted to any other schools?