OHSU Acc Bacc to Masters 2012 - page 12
by Ms. Bastet 21,786 Views | 123 Comments
I wanted to start a thread for anyone applying to OHSU's Accelerated Bacc to Master's for the 2012 cohort. This way we can keep each other informed when we hear anything. I have applied to the Acc Bacc for Nurse Midwifery. Go... Read More
- 2Apr 2, '12 by Ms. BastetI just got off the phone with admissions and I have some information. As of this moment, the 2012 cohort for the Acc Bacc to Master's in Nurse-Midwifery is filled.
As has been mentioned repeatedly, it ain't over till it's over, so some alternates may still potentially get in, but currently, there are no more open spaces.
I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but I do want to share this info because if any of you are like me, you'd like to have at least a modicum of closure in this matter. I'm tired of living in complete limbo.
- 2Apr 18, '12 by Midwife22Hey All,So I've just been accepted to Ohsu's accelerated B.S.N. program. I'm still on the waitlist for the midwifery program but the letter says that if I accept the ABSN it will cancel my midwifery application. At this point, chances of getting in seem low as the midwifery cohort is full. I think it would be best to be grateful and take what I've just been offered and I can always apply for my masters afterwards. It gets me one step closer to my dream of becoming a CNM and at 22 years old I've still got plenty of time.
- 1Apr 18, '12 by blackbird singingThat's great news Midwife22! I've heard it is a lot easier to get into the midwifery portion if you have your BSN than it is to go for the ABSN/MSN all at once. Also that there are more spots available to those who are nurses already. Congrats! And Good luck to you!
- 0Apr 22, '12 by psych08That's excellent news Midwife22! Congrats! I think that means we will be doing some classes together, right?
I can't believe you are only 22! Ha, I guess I could have guessed from your username. I am 28 - you've got PLENTY of time to develop your career on any path you find best. I've been a lab researcher, a psychiatric researcher, an ESL teacher and a writer/editor (but have known that I've wanted to be a PMHNP during the last 3 of those jobs). Take advantage of great opportunities as they present themselves and I promise you will end up exactly where you want to be in the end
- 0May 17, '12 by parteraHey all -- Congrats on your acceptance, good luck to those who are waiting to hear... if you're looking for housing for the program, check out The OHSU Co-op | Housing for Health Science Students. Super close, super cheap, super great option for people interested in co-operative living. PM me if you have any questions!