Case Western Reserve University Graduate Entry DNP Fall 2010 - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 6, '10 by kspills10Yeah, the goal of this program is for students to get their MSN or DNP, so that's why I don't think it's a big deal if you have an MN instead of a BSN, because you wouldn't be working as an RN forever. But another reason I don't think employers would care is that some specialties require work experience before you start the master's portion, so obviously if people had difficult times getting hired as an RN because of this degree, I'm sure the school would've changed it.
I'm not sure if I want to get my DNP. Well, maybe if I end up going to Case I would, because it's only an additional year, right? I guess I'd have to see what my financial situation is. I think it's fine if you choose not to get your DNP right away.
Have you heard of any hospitals in the Cleveland area that offer tuition reimbursement or any type of tuition assistance to get your master's?
- Feb 10, '10 by pstravelerMy interviewer said Cleveland Clinic, Metro General and Case Medical Center all have tuition reimbursement options. She said many students take advantage of that working as an RN while doing the masters portion
I've only been able to find it on the Cleveland Clinic website so far:
I thiiink we would be eligible for this.
- Feb 10, '10 by pstravelerFound UH/Case Medical : http://www.uhhospitals.org/AboutUH/C...7/Default.aspx
It looks like Metro Health has tuition reimbursement for its current employees, however I don't know if you can get a job and then reimbursement if you are already enrolled in the DNP program.
- Feb 11, '10 by sarabear44Just wanted to update you all. I got an email from the admin. lady and she said I was accepted. My interviewer pretty much told me I would be, but... Now I know I have another school to choose from... :-) Hope you're all doing well!
- Feb 11, '10 by kspills10Congrats Sarabear! It's always nice to have a few schools to choose from.
Pstraveler, I looked at the links, and I don't know if we'd qualify for the Cleveland Clinic's tuition assistance program, because it says students need to be enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or diploma program. Technically we are not receiving a BSN, so I don't know if the MSN/DNP would qualify us for this option, even though we are seeking our first degree in nursing.
And maybe I misunderstood the UH tuition support program, but I looked at the application, and it seems we'd only be eligible for $8,500, and only for 1 year. So I don't really understand these 2 programs, but I guess I will have to look into it more if I end up attending Case.
- Sep 13, '10 by AccelBSN2b14Hi!!
I am really interested in applying to this program for Fall 2011. If any of you guys did end up attending Case Western could you just drop me a line so I can then ask you some questions.
- Jun 18, '11 by resilientnurseI am happy to have come across this thread. It is somewhat dated, but I was hoping to learn if any of you wound up actually attending Case Western Reserve?
I have recently applied to the MSN Psych NP program at CWRU. Does any have any experience with the application process, being admitted or denied, financial aid (is it just loans?), and the program itself? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- Nov 30, '11 by kd12Hello Everyone!
I’ve been invited to interview at Case in December for the Grad-Entry program and I am very interested in attending. The cost of attendance is really the only factor that is making me nervous. I’ve been admitted into Ohio State’s program which I know is both top-notch and much cheaper than Case. For those of you that have already started the GE program, can you give me a general idea of how much Financial Aid you/others you know received from the University before loans (i.e. merit based, need based, etc.)
- Feb 27, '12 by mellzie22I know this thread is very old, but did anyone end up attending Case? I have applied to start this year but know very little about the program. Can anyone shed any light on it? What is Cleveland like? Tuition reimbursement opportunities? MN vs RN?
Thanks in advance!
- Apr 29, '12 by gwelltravailleJust wanted to reiterate what Mellzie22 posted...
If you're a graduate or current student of Case Western, could you share how the school is?
And could you share what your stats were in applying i.e. GRE scores and GPA?