Anyone know about Maryville's FNP program? - page 4
by jd2186 96,213 Views | 291 Comments
I am writing to see if anyone has attended or heard good things about Maryville University's FNP program? They are starting a new online FNP program next year, but am kind of leery because I am not able to find much about the... Read More
- 0Jun 6, '12 by nursegirl2001baldwina1015,
Like you I too am excited and I also want to order my books before school starts so that I can get a leg up on the assignments. Email your recruiter and ask....that is what I am going to do. I am a bit bewildered though that my financial aid advisor is acting like she is unaware of any scholarships There is definitely something wrong with that picture but at any rate I will just have to grin and bear it I suppose. Nursing is no doubt a challenging field and science but we have made it this far thank God. I am sure that if we dedicate and manage our time well we will get through. They have not provided us with any more detail relative to classes and all. I too wish they did. Maybe they don't want to either scare off prospective students or are avoiding criticism relative to their curriculum.......
- 0Jun 7, '12 by Bird430Hi. I'm new to this forum however I too just got my acceptance letter for fall semester at Maryville. I'm excited but nervous. I happened to run across this thread by googling the program. I think the bookstore is processing orders for fall staring midjuly according to the website. Hope to talk to you all later! Nice to know there are others in my position.
- 0Jun 8, '12 by nursegirl2001Yeah same here !!! The bookstore's marked up prices total like 200% or better. All of my books I have obtained for 80-90%off by purchasing online otherwise the price of books eats into your financial aid !!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can use financial aid to purchase those (online) although I doubt they will do that..... Some of the university campus bookstores are inexpensive as I hope this is true for MVU....Guess we'll find out soon.
- 0yea I looked at the summer course which I think are going to be the ones we are taking and we don't need too many books....total 7 for four classes, and are small cheap paperbacks. So not too bad. I already saw one for $75 and it was $26 on half.com including shipping. So it won't be too bad. One of the books is APA format also inexpensive and that one is listed for three of the classes. So thats a bummer cause I HATE to write papers, only because its not my strong suite. But you will deff need that book, they change APA every year and there are so many ways to cite things. I am hoping to get some type of grant or scholarship through the school to defer some of the cost which I will be taking out a student loan for so the less the better. But I know there are not as many opportunities for graduate students as there are undergrad so I do not have my hopes up, but it would be nice.
- 0Jun 8, '12 by Bird430Oh my goodness APA? Ugh! Ive been out of nursing school since 2003 so I'm going to be pretty rusty on that! I feel my blood pressure rising already lol! Has anyone received any financial aid info from maryville yet? I gather there aren't many scholarship opportunities etc just from my brief interactions with the admissions advisor. I left a message for somebody in financial aid but haven't heard back yet.
- 0well we can hopefully help each other out on APA lol. I remember hating it hahaha. My advisor told me three weeks and I got my admissions email on 5/29 so about the 19th would be three weeks. They have been pretty right on with dates they have given me. I am hoping I get a little something, but I feel I wont. They did call me today to just touch base, I was out and didn't hear my phone and she was like you dont have to call me back, just checking in.....odd, but nice of them. I guess they want to make sure I actually plan to attend hahaha
- 0Jun 9, '12 by bvwatts04So I have an awesome resource for all of your APA concerns. It made my life sooooo much easier and after I started using the program I hardly ever had a correction to make through my instructors. The program is called PERRLA and you can buy it online. I think it was $30 but it is a one time cost and you can put it on 3 devices. It was a huge lifesaver for me and it updates whenever there are APA changes.
I havent heard much in the financial aid department yet either. I am so excited to find more individuals who are starting the program this fall. I will be sure to let everyone know of any scholarships or helpful tips to help get us all through the program.