2013 UPenn BSN/MSN ApplicantsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on 2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants in Post Graduate Nursing Student: MSN/DNP/DNSc/PhD, part of Nursing Student ... Hi Everyone! This topic thread is for those applying to UPENN BSN/MSN program summer 2013. I hope...by kdiem Jul 12, '12Hi Everyone! This topic thread is for those applying to UPENN BSN/MSN program summer 2013. I hope we can create a support network here!
I will be applying to the nurse-midwifery and WHNP program and have begun writing my personal statement. Their application should be completely available July 15th but you should be able to create an account. Good luck everyone!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=756619©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 67,337 Views
- Aug 23, '12 by hollysfI am happy to see there is someone else out there who is applying to Penn. I am actually applying to the same track. I am so nervous and excited. Application due dates are coming up fast and I am having trouble thinking about anything other than the GREs and m personal statement! Yikes! Good luck
- Aug 24, '12 by kdiemHi Hollysf,
This is probably one of my top choices! I am done with the application but waiting on one letter of rec writer. I'm super excited about Penn. Good luck
- Hi kdiem!Are you going to the online chat/information session tomorrow? I hope more people find this thread!
- Sep 12, '12 by bardoneHi all, I'm also applying for the 2013 cycle. I'm going for the AGNP primary care specialty.
How are everyone's applications coming along? Does anyone have any helpful tips to share?
I won't be able to participate in the chat this afternoon, but am curious to hear how it goes.
- Hi Bardone, My application is coming along, but I am a bit worried about my GRE. I am not able to take it for another week and a half. I really hope my scores make it to admissions in time! How is your application coming along?I will try to report back about what I learn in the information session. Is there any specific questions you'd like me to ask?
- Sep 12, '12 by bardoneHi hollysf,
I *believe* that GRE scores for both the qual & quant sections need to be 150 or above, but getting some clarification on that would be a great thing for sure. I took the GREs last month and I think my scores are OK.
I'm just working on the statement now -- which, now that I think of it -- could you ask Penn how long they'd like the statement to be? I know that some schools, for example, prefer a short one-page statement even though they provide space for a much longer one.
Thanks holly!!! Are you applying to any other programs?
- I think UPenn requires 2, 2 page, double-spaced responses to the prompts listed on the online application.
- Sep 12, '12 by hopefulnurse24For verbal, you need 153 and for math you need 150 for the GRE for UPenn. Still debating whether I should apply or not - my application is pretty good, except I did not meet the recommended score for math, only for verbal.
- Sep 13, '12 by kdiemHi everyone!
I completely missed the chat today. I plan to apply to UPenn, but are they very strict about the GRE requirements? I was planning to submit my application this weekend... but I'm super nervous to hear if they'll completely disregard my application because of my GREs... ahhh.
Hollysf: was there any good tips from them tonight?