2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 30Register Today!
- Hey there atomicgirl. I'm not too nervous - have you interviewed anywhere yet? My first interview was with Johns Hopkins and I was pretty nervous for that, but I tried not to think about it too much. It ended up being just fine! What I'd suggest is just going over things in your head - such as, why nursing? Why advanced practice nursing at this time? What are your personal and professional goals? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Review all personal statements that you have written, this will be helpful. Also become familiar with your resume! What time did they schedule your interview for?
- Dec 2, '12 by atomicgirlI haven't interviewed anywhere else yet. This'll be my first so I'm not too sure what to expect.
- Don't be nervous! You'll be fine. I think that you should be expected to articulate exactly why you want to be a nurse, just like I said. Also be familiar with differences between RN and NP, along with NP and other health care practitioners like PAs or physicians. I read that it was very conversational and informal and not bad at all! What I found also said that the person being interviewed was supposed to talk a lot. I found it here http://allnurses.com/pennsylvania-st...230-page4.html
So come prepared with questions!!! I'll have to think of some as well...
- Dec 2, '12 by meep05I opted for a phone interview and still havent been assigned a date, is anyone on the same boat? Also when you guys are filling out the financial add stuff are your doing for both 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 for all of the forms?
- Dec 2, '12 by soushiiHi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and the site in general but I'm kindna freaking out right now. Signed up for an in person interview, got the confirmation e-mail, but never received the detailed email that was promised about the time/agenda... I've kindna just been telling myself that it will eventually come but now that the interview is in about a week... I'm starting to panic! Just sent this filomena a very frantic email...
Am I the only one with this problem?
- Dec 2, '12 by adt913Soushii I'm in the same boat! What specialty are you interviewing for? I'm going for pediatric primary care. Let me know if you get a response back from filomena!
- My interview is this Friday, and I received the schedule last Friday with my interview time in it as well. So if yours is on Monday (a week from tomorrow), you'll probably receive notice tomorrow!
- Dec 2, '12 by hollysfMy interview is tomorrow morning at 10:00am (PST). I am so nervous!
- hollysf, you chose not to do the in person interview? Let us know how it goes!