2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - page 3
by kdiem 114,573 Views | 660 Comments
Hi Everyone! This topic thread is for those applying to UPENN BSN/MSN program summer 2013. I hope we can create a support network here! I will be applying to the nurse-midwifery and WHNP program and have begun writing my... Read More
- 0Oct 5, '12 by hollysfHey Bardone,
It's at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel on Powell in Union Square/Downtown.
Here's the link to register:
- 1Oct 8, '12 by bardoneBecause of the timing of my visit, I scheduled an appointment with one of the admissions staff and walked around the campus by myself. Mostly it was an opportunity for me to ask specific questions about the program and get a feel for whether or not the school and I would be a good fit.
One thing I learned about the program that I liked is that it's taught by actively practicing professionals, so the teaching staff is in touch with what's currently happening in the field. They also have a lot of terrific research opportunities within the Penn medical system for students.
I hope that the upcoming session will cement my excitement about the program and maybe also let the admissions folks know how into it I still am!
- 0Oct 8, '12 by PizzamyheartHi everyone!
I'm a bit late in discovering this board but glad I fell upon it. I don't know anyone else applying to these programs, so it's definitely nice to know there are others out there! I just had a few quick questions hoping to see if anyone knew the answers?
- Does anyone know the exact deadline for October 15? Would it be 12:00AM or 11:59PM est??
- For the "academic" letter of rec, do you guys think a faculty advisor would be okay or is a professor necessary. I have a letter from my microbio prof and faculty advisor but feel like my faculty advisor knows me on a much more personal level will be able to give the better letter.
- Transcripts: I attended 3 colleges during high school but none of them were applied for my degree or nursing prereqs, and they cost a lot of money and are a pain to figure out to send. Do you think it would be fine to leave them out for the "post secondary transcripts" they require?
Sorry for all the questions all, but seems like recent attempts to get these questions answered through email or phone have gone unanswered .If anyone could help, I would super appreciate it!!!Good luck to everyone applying. Glad to see everyone so supportive!
- 0Oct 8, '12 by hopefulnurse24I'm guessing the deadline would be 11:59 on October 15th, but that isn't something that I'm certain of, to be honest. I think a faculty advisor would certainly be considered academic! They know you in an academic setting, and know your academic strengths and weaknesses since they probably have access to your grades, so I'm sure it would be fine. And I would definitely include all transcripts... When I spoke to Penn in the online chat they offered a few weeks ago, I told to send everything in. Better safe than sorry!
I understand how it goes to try and get ahold of them! I'm sure they are very, very busy right now so it's hard to get ahold of them via email or phone! Best of luck to you
- 0Oct 9, '12 by PizzamyheartThanks hopefulnurse24!!I was able to finally get through, and the person who answered said:
- Oct. 15 deadline is not a hard deadline, so anytime Oct. 15. I guess technically, 11:59pm est.
-Academic rec: A faculty advisor is fine.
- Transcripts: anything after high school.
Last stretch! Good luck everyone!