2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 23Register Today!
- Nov 15, '12 by kdiemMorgan, I hope you hear back from Penn for an interview for the BSN program. But it sounds like your number one choice is Columbia...it would be so awesome to live in NY
And hang in there Hopeful! Just one more day to find out!
- Nov 15, '12 by PNPhopefulMorgan, I'm sorry to hear about Penn, but hoping you hear great news from Columbia!
I'm still waiting as well...Just one more day!
- Nov 15, '12 by morganw1Thanks everyone! loving the support. I'm not devastated or anything because I truly did think it was a stretch for me based on other peoples stats. That's just how it goes sometimes and I think we will all end up where we are supposed to end up. I'm not giving up hope for the BSN Second Degree though. I asked Filomena how many they accept and how many have applied. Does anyone happen to know????
- Nov 15, '12 by morganw1And by the way, I think Hopeful and PNP should get an interview considering they probably sent out the rejection ones today. I got mine at 1:18 PST.
- Nov 15, '12 by kdiemgood luck to you too PNPhopeful!!
- Nov 15, '12 by PNPhopefulAww, thanks guys
- Nov 15, '12 by hopefulnurse24Hey all! John, the guy who always answers the phone (we've gotten to know each other very well this week, haha) said typically about 600 apply and they accept about 120 of those applicants for a class of around 80-90 people. He said this year that the applicant pool was much larger, though, so I'm unsure. Morgan, I'm so glad to hear how positive you are. I don't think you should give up hope either! I think they look at very different things for the BSN program than they do for BSN-MSN, and of course, there is the fact that you have a 95% chance of getting in to your master's specialty as a BSN student! And you totally have the right attitude, because I believe that we definitely end up in the right place and I believe that there is a plan for all of us!
And regarding receiving an interview invite... I'm honestly not sure because peds critical care and neonatal faculty haven't even met yet! Apparently they were at a convention all week. They're meeting tomorrow and John said Filomena is hoping to have news sent out by the end of the business day tomorrow. He said either way, we should know where we stand by tomorrow. Honestly, I've been so on edge this week that now I'm really tired of being anxious and I've just feeling a lot more calm about it all (that may be because I just went on a really good run though, and because I also know now that I will hear tomorrow either way, lol). I just know that everything will work out the way it is meant to be and that I'll be put on the right path. I just want to maximize my options and have a chance at all of the schools I applied to, but I know that may not happen for me, and that it doesn't happen for most people either... and that's okay. I'll end up where I belong!
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. I'm thinking of you all right now, and congratulations again to everyone who will be interviewing!
- Nov 15, '12 by meep05Congrats on interviews! I really don't know whether I should fly in or do a phone interview. Anyone from last year have some advice? And I hate to be a Debbie downer but even if I did get accepted how do people pay for u Penn ? I want to know from some acceptees how does one justify 90k tution for a bsn or do they give assistance that I am not aware of ... This is very much a Debbie downer message
- Nov 15, '12 by cjacobs2Quote from atomicgirlThat would be great! I don't know anyone interviewing for psych either.Me too! I think it'd be nice to talk with current students and really get a feel for the atmosphere there. Maybe we can meet up. I don't know anyone else interviewing for psych.