2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 19Register Today!
- Nov 13, '12 by meli.avilaSomeone on here asked about last names and notifications. My last name starts with an A, and I received an email invite yesterday morning. So it's possible...
I'll be flying out for the interview. I'm in Southern California. I figured it would be good to see the campus.
- Nov 13, '12 by kd325Mine is the regular PNP as well, I'm coming from California though so that's why I'm hesitant and if they offer the phone option, why not?...still undecided though
- Nov 13, '12 by sdominic1010Hey everyone! I'm flying in for the interview from California...I thought I'd stay for the weekend and check out the area. Does anyone have recommendations on places to stay/visit?
- Nov 13, '12 by meli.avilaHi mz_marit,
I hope you don't mind but I checked out a few of your other posts and it seems like we share a great deal in common! I've applied to UPenn's program with a Women's Health specialty. My background is in social justice (esp. women's reproductive rights) and I plan to work with women in underserved communities. I'm in California and my friends over at Planned Parenthood tell me that the NP scope of practice laws (regarding women's health care and abortions) are being challenged as we speak. Many upcoming changes!
Anyway, I'm going flying out for an interview at UPenn on Dec 10th. I hope you are one of the current students that is there for the lunch mixer! If not, I'd love to keep in touch with you via allnurses.
- Nov 13, '12 by PizzamyheartI'm also from California and just don't have the money to cover travel costs . I'm thinking about doing the phone interview since they say they assess it equally. Naturally though, I feel like it's much easier to be more personable and make an impression in person...so I feel conflicted. What are others thinking??
Also, for the person who mentioned the possibility of a skype interview...is that just for a particular speciality?? I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the email, but I'd definitely prefer that over the phone heh.
Congrats to everyone on interviews!
hopefulnurse24 and PNPhopeful..I'm rooting for you! I think it's just a matter of time and that they are still working hard on going through apps!! I think you're right about the notices being released by specialty. I'll be praying for you all!
- Nov 13, '12 by hopefulnurse24Hey guys, thanks for all of the kind words. I really appreciate it! I'm feeling better about everything now. I know it's completely out of my control. I was just so excited that you all had heard and I wanted to hear as well! It's very nerve wracking because I put a lot of time, money and effort into applying to all of these schools, but I know checking my email obsessively won't make the invitation come any quicker and it's not helping me very much, either! But congratulations to you all again! Your interviews are certainly well deserved and I'm so happy for you all!
For those who have received interviews and are wondering about where to stay... I would probably use Priceline and bid on a hotel, honestly! That would be my first idea because I looked up hotels and they are all pretty pricey right now, even when I looked on Expedia.
- Nov 14, '12 by yohkoI've been checking out allnurses.com since I've started considering nursing, but this thread prompted me to join! Happy to have found this community.
I also applied for the BSN/MSN midwifery program and just scheduled my phone interview for Dec 7. So excited and nervous! Best of luck to everyone else.
- Nov 14, '12 by mz_marithi meli.avila! would love to talk to you more about your interests, my email is maritk @ nursing.upenn.edu - we do have similar interests and i'm coming to women's health because of the work that researchers at ANSIRH/UCSF are doing around scope of practice/abortion care. looking forward to hearing from you!