2013 UCSF MEPN Applicants - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 7, '12 by scwolfHi kdiem,
Thanks for the update on the application schedule. I looked back at some threads from past years and saw that the applications opened then around July 18. The 9th would be great though.
Those of you who are writing your personal statements, what format are you using? I want to start mine but I don't know what question(s) they ask.
- Jul 8, '12 by sunrunnerHi scwolf,
This is where I found a short description about what they are looking for in our goal statements.
What are the Deadlines and Application Schedule for MEPN? | UCSF School of Nursing
"Your essay should be as specific as possible and focus on your understanding of the nursing profession, your personal goals as a nurse and how you envision these goals can be achieved through study at UCSF. This goal statement is about two double-spaced typewritten pages in length;....."
Hope this helps! Have fun!
- Jul 8, '12 by scwolfThat's perfect, sunrunner. Thank you!
- Jul 9, '12 by leeezyHello! I will also be applying this upcoming cycle to the Pediatrics track.
Can anyone who went to the information sessions or any of you students who are in the program now offer some insight as to who we should choose for letter of recs? I see on the website it says individuals who "are acquainted with the applicant's work or community experience." Does this mean letters from those familiar with our work or volunteer experience are preferred over academic references?
Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck everyone!
- Jul 10, '12 by kdiemI was so excited to see the application open! Question: I don't see the specialty for nurse-midwifery/women's health NP, am I missing something?
- Jul 10, '12 by kdiemI'm devastated to announce, the nurse-midwifery/women's health NP specialty is no longer offered at UCSF (((
- Jul 10, '12 by ondinnonkWait, how did you find that out? My emails to email@example.com are bouncing because the inbox is full and no one else I've emailed about this has responded. The CNM/WHNP speciality is all over the website and promo materials and they talked about it in depth at the info session I went to in February. Must have been a recent decision? I'm in a state of shock...
- Jul 10, '12 by scwolfAre you two sure? I vaguely recall them saying something in the May info session about combining specialties -- maybe Family Nurse Practitioner with midwifery (??). I didn't pay attention because it's not my interest. I would try a phone call & keep trying the email.