Villanova's BSNExpress, Drexel's ACE, or Jefferson's FACT? - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 25, '11 by hiddencatRNMarch and september. The september cohort is larger.
- Apr 25, '11 by lostinthesauceI'm confused. The web site says application deadlines are April 15th and for Spring and October 15th for the fall, so how can they start in March and September?
- Apr 25, '11 by hiddencatRNIf you wanted to start september 2011 you needed to apply by october 2010. So application is due about 11 months before thr term you'd start, and you are notified about acceptance about 9 months before the term starts. They accept late applications on a space available basis.
- Apr 25, '11 by lostinthesauceD'oh! Thanks for explaining.
- Nov 19, '11 by BGsparkle82Hello guys,
I know than it has been a while but I was wondering if it was easier to find jobs after graduating Jefferson. I went to their open house the other month and they told me that they don't offer a job lined up for you. What experience do you have with that issue.
Please help. Thanks
- Apr 21, '12 by JennyFieldsVillanova and Jefferson's FACT are the two I'm giving the most thought to applying. With Jefferson, it seems like you'd be in a better starting position for a job since they are attached to an actual hospital, whereas Villanova isn't. Though, not everyone's going to be working where they went to school, so that might not be the advantage it seems. Villanova's a bit more appeal BECAUSE of the extra two months it takes as well as having pathophysiology as a pre-requisite instead of a separate class during the program. Seems more do-able, whereas Jefferson seems more break neck. Not trying to get it easy, just trying to set myself up to succeed.
Is Villanova way outside Philadelphia proper? I know the miles, but in terms of integration with the city culture and major medical centers. Jefferson seems more centrally located with clinicals, classes and where you'd live in more convenient proximity. It is hard to get a sense of a city when you're not living in it.