Villanova Alternative Seq.Register Today!
- by tootsie2184 Dec 4, '11Villanova has another option for 2nd degree nursing students: Alternative Sequence Cirriculum. It begins in August of each year and is 2 years in length.
Has anyone applied/been accepted or graduated from this program? If so can you please share your experience?
Also- if you attended VU, can you tell me the typical times of lectures and clinicals for the alternative sequence? thanks!
- Feb 25, '12 by loki134I applied for the Fall 2012 start in early February, but still have not heard anything. Did you apply? If so, when did you have your interview?
- Apr 22, '12 by PedsNP2b2013I graduated from the program in 2006. I went somewhere else undergrad and transferred in my junior year of school. So i completed the alternate program in 2 years and got my BSN. The thing is to complete the program in 2 years you need to have all the pre-reqs like writing , sciences, philosophy, religion classes, etc already completed by time you are accepted. the first semester is accelerated you complete basic nursing classes in half a semester then other set in the other half of the semester. When i was there you had lectures on tues and thurs and clinical on mon/weds. Fridays were always off. Class times were all afternoon from what i remember. clinicals were mon/weds from 6am to 1pm. you start with adult med/surg, then critical care/psych, then OB/peds. You will graduate in the summer the end of july. your last clinical will be health promotion and community health in the summer. When i went there they were no interviews so i cant help you there.
Overall it was a great program and m back there again working on my Peds NP degree. I highly recommend the program. I know some people failed out during the accelerated class part but it was 2-3 out of 30. It was due family/kids issues from what i remember. And they let those people drop down to the traditional BSN track.
good luck to you guys.
- Apr 22, '12 by 1985MANJust curious, where did you transfer from and would you mind sharing your stats at the time that you applied? Thank you
- Apr 22, '12 by PedsNP2b2013I transferred from Rosemont College and they had an agreement with Villanova with people transferring into the alternate nursing program. stats? do you mean gpa? I had a 3.3 when i transferred in. I did all my pre-reqs at Rosemont and i took A&P I and II at a community college in the summer before i transferred.
Hope this helps.
- Apr 26, '12 by loki134Do they post decisions online?
- Apr 26, '12 by PedsNP2b2013I'm not sure what they do now. but i got a phone call and a letter of acceptance.
- Apr 30, '12 by loki134Thank you for all the information
- Apr 30, '12 by PedsNP2b2013no problem my pleasure...good luck