UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing - Page 7Register Today!
- May 22 by Hilary TI believe there is. Are you considering deferring your acceptance? I'm attending the info session for Fall semester tomorrow.
- May 22 by naturalgirl@yinzer, what made you decide to switch to Shadyside? Just curious...
- Jun 2 by pjkreHello. I was hoping someone might be able to answer a couple of questions that I had about getting accepted. I found out about a week ago that I passed my entrance exam and I am dropping off my application tomorrow.
The first question was about the reference letters and this may seem stupid but; Do you need an actual letter from someone in addition to the reference forms or would having your referrer just fill out hte 1 page form suffice? I see that they refer to them as "reference letters" sometimes but they don't specifically say that you need an actual letter in addition to the little questionnaire form.
My second question has to do with deadlines. I'm aware that I'm cutting it close with getting my application in and was curious how the whole procedure went after you submit the app/ref/transcripts. I know that you are required to take a physical / drug test, has anyone noticed a deadline for scheduling that on their own acceptance letters? I'm concerned that it will take a few weeks to process and by the time I receive my acceptance letter, I'll only have a 2-3 week turn around for scheduling my physical which could conflict with my work schedule. At my job you need to request a day off like a month in advance.
Thank you in advance for any advice / info that anyone can offer.
Hope to see you all in the fall
- Jun 2 by LMJ26Phil-
No actual letter is needed, just have your references fill out the reference forms provided in the packet. After I submitted everything (application, references, transcripts, essay), it took about 2 weeks for an acceptance letter, and one week after I accepted placement, I received an additional packet concerning completing the criminal background check (which can be done online), child abuse clearance (which must be submitted by mail with a $10 money order, clearance came in about 2 weeks), and fingerprinting, which UPMC will provide you with locations. All three of those documents must be in by July 3rd. You are cutting it close, but you can get it done. The physical, which cannot be scheduled until after June 17th I believe, must be completed at a UPMC FACILITY (again, they will provide you with locations) and cost $150. Hope this helps and good luck.
Are you applying for full or part-time?
- Sep 24 by cole04what books did you get for the PSB test?
- Oct 6 by Twinmom91[QUOTE="ashleynicole889;7178944"]Congrats Vebb!! How long did it take for you to get your acceptance letter after everything wasl x s sm Axis sent in?[/ c s C ce cs ss. Cel xxxsz s. d*excMo ssz s. Mo. zc. Zimbabwe