Survivng Drexel ACE - advice pls! - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 23, '09 by AugustRainI know, I feel like I walk around with a book permanently attached to my body...waiting for trains, appointments...it still never feels like it's enough. But I seem to be retaining some of it, so I'll take what I can get. I've actually enjoyed all of my clinicals so far, and next quarter seems like clinicals should be pretty interesting too. Now if we could just find some time to sleep...
Anyone else studying for women's health right now?
- Mar 16, '09 by juniataemt06To all you current ACE'ers,
Thanks for all your input. I am an incoming ACE student in a few short weeks and your comments are very helpful.
Does the ACE program stick to the quarter schedule that's posted on the provost's page? http://www.drexel.edu/provost/calend...rter-0910.html
Do you actually get that time off like it says or do you have things to do like clinicals and stuff?
- Mar 16, '09 by new1nursebabyeaI just finished women's and I'm going to bed. I hardly did any study for mental health or adult and skipped class today to study for women's. Wish me luck and wish you well!
I feel like I have so much in pharm but at least the mental meds sync up with mental health.
Hope I'm still hear next quarter!
- Mar 16, '09 by new1nursebabyeaYou will have time off between quarters unless you need to make up a clinical due to absence.
- Mar 16, '09 by AugustRainnew1nurse, good luck this week! i'm sure we'll all be fine (at least, that's what i keep telling myself). did you go to any of the reviews today or did you skip everything?
- Hi August,
Settling down now to cram for Pharm. I skipped every thing.
Sometimes you have to skip everything for the "Womens" in your life. lol
Anyway, the final was straightforward and I think I did pretty well. As for the Hessi, well
that's a toss up. It almost seems like the profs are balancing bad Hessi scores with good final grades. I dunno'
Bye the way, what in the world is a "placenta souffle"? Sounds like street food in Thailand!
Good luck tomorrow?
- Mar 17, '09 by AugustRainLOL I know, who makes these terms up?? It has something to do with the pulsation of the placenta, a wooshing noise, and matching the mom's pulse rate.
At least grades are posted and we can breathe a little before tomorrow's exam. Just finished studying pharm, I think it will be okay. Good luck to you too!
- Guess what August!
I got a lousy 81 on the final (I thought it was easy, guess I didn't know my contraceptives and STIs as well as I thought. Arghhhhh!) but.....
I got a 94 on the HESI, even with my mistake of not rounding 92.5ml to 93ml!
I must have the wildest swings in grades in history - argggggh! Well, I'm not kicked out of the program yet, as I passed women's. yeaaaaahhh! I guess the stay at home, miss class to study method sort-of-works??
- Mar 17, '09 by AugustRainCongrats! It's a relief, isn't it? I think a lot of people did better on the HESI than on the final (which is how I felt when I walked out of there). I got consistent 80-somethings in women's all quarter, then 100 on the HESI. Too bad they wouldn't let me take that as the 30% of my grade!
- congrats lauren or are you colleen!!!!