Penn State Hershey nurse residencyRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Penn State Hershey nurse residency in Pennsylvania Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi all, Just want to see if anyone else has applied to the July 2013 new grad residency program....by babybluelife Jan 1Hi all,
Just want to see if anyone else has applied to the July 2013 new grad residency program. I live in Cali so this would be a big move for me, but it seems like an awesome place to work. Plus, the job market here is horrible for new grads even if you have connections!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805274©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,987 Views
- Jan 7 by k1569I just submitted my questionnaire! I am going for heart and vascular critical care of MICU. What are you going for? Will you have a BSN? Good luck!
- Jan 10 by sandytoedRNHello all I applied for HVICU and med/surg and neuroscience, I guess it will be some time before we find out if we are selected for interviews. Good luck to all!
- Jan 10 by babybluelifeGood luck to you too! I will not have a BSN, but I have applied to some and I mentioned that in my cover letter. My choices were: cancer institute, med/surg, and HV progressive care.
Do you both live near Penn State Hershey?
- Jan 10 by sandytoedRNto babybluelife I live in Lancaster County (one county over) probably 20-25 minute drive. I have been contemplating BSN programs and probably will start with Kaplan U in march through online. I actually did some of my clinical at Hershey during my RN program, It was a fantastic experience!
- Jan 18 by PAjama_MamaGlad this thread was started
I also applied. I'm working on my clinical narrative, which is how I found this post. Never did one before so I'm struggling! But on the questionnaire I chose ER, HVICU, and SICU. I would say "anything in critical care" but at this point, anything at Hershey would make me happy! Just want to get my foot in the door.
Good luck, everyone!
- Jan 19 by k1569I live in New Jersey. It is about 2 and a half hours from me. But I would be happy to move if I got a spot.
- Jan 19 by babybluelifeHi pajama_mama. Yes, the clinical narrative did take a while for me to write, I have never written one either. Hopefully, it's what they were looking for! Good luck!
- Jan 23 by PAjama_Mamababybluelife, my fingers are crossed as well! On the questionnaire I chose SICU, but when I recently went back to FAQ site, it showed that the number of interns being accepted was "0" I could SWEAR it was 3 before! Got my confirmation today that they received everything and to just wait it out. NOT EASY!!!
- Jan 24 by babybluelifeThat is strange. I wonder if it had to do with the amount of funding the have for each department. Maybe they'll love you and offer you a spot in SICU, who knows! I can't wait either, it seems like an eternity away from now...
Are you graduating this semester?